Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

did the well done steak tonight!

smokn gramma g
smokn gramma g Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went out and bought 4 boneless ribeyes(Canada triple
A)! 3 of them 1.5" thick and one about 3/4"(I got a look from the butcher with that one).
I threw her steak (3/4") into the hot tub for about 40 min., then threw all of them on to the egg at 800 or so. 90 secs per side, shut her down for 4.5 min., and then let them rest for a beer! I mean about 10 minutes![p]Ours were over done a tad but still good, but the well done (which I was shooting for) was amazing! I had a bite, and was pretty damn good! was Not a great steak but ...gad, was pretty good for a well done steak!
We might have a new egger here[p]Thanks for all your help on a well done steak!![p]btw... after testing for over 2 weeks, I dont think I will be eating steak for a while![p]Gayle

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    smokn gramma g,[p]Well done steak? [p]When I first saw your original post I wasn't sure what language you were speaking! Well done steak! [p];>) Glad it worked out for you.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    smokn gramma g, 10 minute roast may have been too long for a 1 1/2" steak, maybe closer to 6 might have been better.

• tach18k,
    I know the exact time for cooking a medium rare on my egg...sear for 90 secs per side, then dwell for 3.5 minutes. my problem was cooking that well done steak along with ours. only one egg... that will change. will be picking up a small soon.
    I was just happy she enjoyed her piece of leather so much!