Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

vertical chicken roaster

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i just received my verical chicken roaster from outdoor home am planing to cook a whole chicken tomorrow would it be better to cook it in a drip pan or would i be better off just putting on the grid i want to get a crisp skin and what temp. would be the best for either one

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    new egg,
    Put your chicken on, or over, a drip pan and cook at 350-375 degrees dome temp. Should take 60 to 75 minutes depending on size of chicken. Pull when the thigh measures 170 degrees. You can jack the temp. up the last 15 minutes, or so, to 450 degrees to crisp up the skin.

• CampyMan
    CampyMan Posts: 39
    Options
    new egg,[p]To get a nice crispy skin - you can also rub a little olive oil on the skin before adding your seasoning (Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust is awesome to use!) Poke a few holes in the skin on the fatty pocket of the breast and legs and thighs to increase the crispyness - this allows the fat to drip out and the skin to crisp. [p]Enjoy!!!
    CampyMan