Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need to do 8 l l/2 inch pork chops on large BGE. Need some suggestions as to recipes, direct or indirect, temp and time.[p]thanks[p]Ray Price

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Ray Price,
    Lots of ways to do those babies. Here is one of my favorites.[p]Char crust seasoning and cook like a steak is another very good solution.[p]Enjoy!
    NB

[ul][li]Spice Cooks' Killer Brined Chops[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Ray Price, if direct, use a slider grill on top of your regular grill. You can rotate it to even the cook on the meats from hot spots. Best to have your BGE charcoal good and hot all around. My guess on eight chops will be to have em small bone end in towards the center and all laid exactly the same in a circumferance. like ??????? in a circle. Considering a ? a pork chop. Reverse em in order on your flipside move.
    Timing at 600F would be about 5 minutes per side (Rotate the grill about twice per side) Then about 10 minutes dwell time in shut down mode. This should leave a slight pink interior. Check one near the center for about 145 to 150F internal.
    Cheers to ya..
    C~W[p]

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Hey C-W what's a slider grill and how does it work
    B D

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Big Daddy, just a second grill laying on the first grill and you can rotate it like a bearing with the ash tool. Works good..and your meats get even or better cook when going direct like burgers, steaks and chops.
    Have fun..
    C~W

• Grillin' Bill
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I second Nature Boy's suggestion. The recipe is fantastic and worth the trouble. You will not be sorry.[p]Grillin Bill

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    spicecooks.jpg
    <p />Grillin Bill,
    Nice to hear from you again! [p]Yeah, Spice Cooks have contributed some awesome recipes and advice. Nicest folks you could meet, to boot (see picture). The Chop brine really works magic.[p]Hope you make it to Atlanta this year. I might actually finally be making it down.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Grillin' Bill
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I hope to make it back down there too. As long as its not the weekend of OCT 19-21, I think I'll make it. Have two friends who want to go and cook (and buy eggs). It would be great to see you. [p]Grillin Bill[p]