Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HAS ANY ONE DONE A TRI TIP ROAST.

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for time, and temp, and flavor would be much appreciated.
I have a fresh one coming in at 3.13 lb. I would like to do a slow cook. [p]Thank for any help you can give me.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Diesel One ,
    I do them at 350 on a raised grid direct and pull it off at 135 internal. -RP

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    tritip1.jpg
    <p />Diesel One ,
    There is differing opinions. I like the 375 until 135 internal temp. Some like low and slow. Just pull at 135-140 or you will eat shoe leather.
    tritip2-1.jpg[p]Mike

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Diesel One ,
    I agree. you might want to sear it first and then roast to the temperature you want.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Diesel One,
    I just got to jump in here. A Tri Tip roast commonly found in many supermarket chains is NOT a "tri tip" that is raved about on the BGE board. Don't be fooled like we were early on...not that your average grocery store meat man is being nasty - it's just that instead of stocking the soup and napkin shelves that day he's probably the "unpacker and puter outer" of the company meat packages! Want good meat from a person who knows his meat cuts?...go to a butcher shop which makes it's living in selling what it knows something about.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    101_0399.jpg
    <p />Diesel One ,
    ive done a couple!!! i dont know how yours will look mine looked strange but MY meatman @ publix said this was it and he was right
    101_0397.jpg
    this is before "The Flip"
    this is after "The Flip"
    101_0398.jpg
    it was absolutly delisious try TREXing hot and fast (700 1min &30 seconds to 2min each side) to sear and then 400ish until you get to the right temp. you WILL have to pull your meat (no commet please STUMP)until your egg gets back to 400ish. i know it sounds weird but a top meal around here
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    DSC02709.jpg
    <p />Diesel One ,[p]We love tri Tip and have it 3-4 times per month. I buy them at Costco in a big cryovac that usually comes 8 to a pack. I like to cook them at 300-320 until they reach 125. I then open up the egg and get it up to 600 or so and sear about 90 seconds on 2 sides. Give it a short rest and slice it up. I generally use mist on some olive oil followed by Kosher salt and a liberal coating or Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks.[p]Kinger
  • Diesel One , Thank you one all all for you input.