Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza question - browning the crust

Rich GRich G Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Question for all you pizza experts out there -- How do you achieve proper browning on your pizza crust while not over browning your toppings?[p]I've got pizza down pretty well. I use Mr Hyde's dough recipe, and have a sauce I like. I usually use a mix of mozzarella and provolone cheeses, and keep the toppings to a minimum. I cook indirect on a pizza stone on a raised grid. I have tried 600 degrees, 400 degrees, and several spots in between. I haven't dialed in the right combination yet, as the top of the pie always seems to be done before the bottom and edge crust gets a good browning.[p]Lay it on me, folks!!! What's the secret here?[p]Thanks,
Rich

Comments