Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paradise!

Options
Mañana Mike
Mañana Mike Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow, last Saturday a friend ventured out to the mighty Rogue River here in Medford Oregon & since the spring Chinook Salmon are in & he's a great fisherman, he caught 3 fine fish. Fortunately, he has been here at my house for some BGE BBQ which, since I am a beginner, has been done mostly by the eggsperts on the forum whilst I just follow directions. Anyway, we fired him up & tried the Dijon-Bourbon recipe. BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Home run. Thanks again for the Forum. Hope to make it to the Eggtoberfest to personally meet & thank the movers & shakers behind this forum[p]Mañana
Mike

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Mañana Mike,
    Sounds like heaven. Surely there are Chinook Salmon in heaven. And a few folks up their have Gretl's recipe written down.[p]It is a sure bet you can meet more great people that you can possibly talk to if you come the the Eggtoberfest in Hotlanta, or the Eggfest in Waldorf. Also some good festivities brewing in Michigan. Other events sure to spread. [p]Nice to have ya 'round.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    View?u=1692104&a=12990706&p=49171255
    <p />Mañana Mike,
    I also tried the same Salmon recipe last week with great success. My wife and I thought it was the best we ever had.
    Here's a pic of it in case you missed my post last week.
    B D

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    No fair! I got an instant stomach growl when that pic popped up.
    Torture. That photo is killer!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I agree! That is one fine looking meal!

• Mañana Mike
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Is Waldorf around D.C. We're planning a trip to D.C. in October if there's a BGE function.[p]My next project is a Brisket. Cross your fingers.
  • Mañana Mike
    Options
    Big Daddy,[p]I did see your picture. That's what got me excited about trying the recipe. Then my good fisherman friend showed up & I was in business. Thanks again.
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Mañana Mike,
    Yep. Waldorf is in the shadow of DC. But that event is in April.
    Give me a email when you come to town, and we'll have our own little mini-fest...though I will be in Atlanta whenever the Eggtoberfest is scheduled!
    Have fun with the chunk-o-chest!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • dan
    dan Posts: 57
    Options
    Big Daddy,[p]That looks incredible! I have also tried this recipe twice now and it is wonderful.[p]I was curious if your filet had the skin on the bottom? If so, do you try to remove the skin before egging? [p]It would also appear from the pic that you didn't have to flip your filet while cooking. Is that right?[p]I'm just looking for tips on how to improve my efforts even more![p]Thanks,
    Dan.