Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

meat loaf recipe

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does anyone have a good recipe for a small meatloaf, its just my wife and i and son. dont need to make a large one.thanks for any reply.
·

Comments

• new egg,
    This is the best meatloaf I've ever tasted. The recipe was given to me by a dear friend many years ago.

[ul][li]Jim's Cajun Meatloaf[/ul]
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,882
    new egg,[p]Among all meatloafs this one is a KILLER! It isn't anything but GOOOOOOD.
    [ul][li]Cats Meatloaf[/ul]
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,466
    new egg,
    We love this recipe in our house - I always cut it in half...except for the egg!

[ul][li]WudEyeDo's recipe[/ul]
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    RRP,
    That's the recipe I've been using for about 1½ years, it's fantastic. I don't have a wire mesh basket, so I just form it freestyle, and use a perforated veggie pan over a drip pan. It holds it's shape, and get's plenty of smoke.
    Mike

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,466
    IMG_00991.jpg
    <p />FlaMike,
    If you make even a few of them a year that $12 basket is nice as it eliminates any grease plus you get to smoke the loaf clear around.

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • get one of those baskets?
    ·