Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Tri-tip. Success!!!! (Pics)

ArtieQArtieQ Posts: 65
edited 7:09PM in EggHead Forum
Cooked my first tri-tip tonight. After breaking my work camera by dropping it, I switched to my wife's camera.[p]First shot
100_0200-1.jpg[p]Seasoned up and ready to go
101_1073.jpg[p]
Neat shot
101_1077.jpg[p]Resting
101_1078.jpg[p]Sliced
101_1080.jpg[p]Plated. I love me some BBQ sauce on tater tots!!
101_1082.jpg
We will definitely do this again!!!!

·

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
    ArtieQ,[p]Man, that looks great. A different cooking method I love is blackened Tritip. Something about the Jack Daniels in the wet step I guess...
    ·
  • KingerKinger Posts: 147
    ArtieQ,[p]That looks really really good. What were your cooking times and temps? I am not sure if there is a costco in your area but tri-tip roasts can be had from the man behind the window for considerably less than you paid. I buy them buy the bag and they generally come 8 to a bag. It is a big $ hit up front but we eat a lot of tri tip. at $4.10 per lb that is considerably less than what you paid. [p]Kinger aka JNK
    ·
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    The tri tip looks great, Artie. Did you pick up the Maurice's Carolina Gold in SC? It's good stuff.[p]All the best,
    Jim

·
  • ArtieQArtieQ Posts: 65
    JSlot,[p]Nope, bought it in Loganville, Ga at a meat market. I'm from SC and love yeller sauce. Been eatin' Maurice's for years. I used to buy a case whenever I went home but I can get it locally now!! There are a few I buy from small restaurants when I go home.
    ·
    Kinger aka JNK,
    Yeah, I thought that was expensive but this was the first time I found them. I have a Costco about 45 minutes away. I'll have to give them a try. I'm gonna ask at the local meat market to.[p]I was running out of charcoal and couldn't get the egg to hot. I seared it at 400 for about 2 minutes a side then took it off, reduced temp to about 325 and finished it. I pulled it at 125 deg. and covered it and let it rest for about 10 minutes. It was a little over 130 when I sliced it.

·
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    Does the wet step involve ingesting the JD? Because if it does I might just have to give it a try!!

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,128
    Kinger aka JNK,
    from up here thats a great price. we are looking at over 20 for a roast. 8.99 a pound.

·
  • BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
    ArtieQ,[p]Well, partially. :-) Look for "Blackened Tri Tip" post later this morning. I use it in a marinade. If you see the post, try the recipe. I guarantee you'll love it as everyone who has tried it has.
    ·