Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monday Pork Report

Options
GWW
GWW Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Rececived my new NU-701 polder on Friday and couldnt wait to put it to the test. As with any new weapon you want to field test it before you throw it into battle, so cranked up the toaster oven and whalla it worked great and has nice receiver range as well. Had a 8lb butt, rack of ribs and some fresh squid idiling and waiting. Started Mr. Big around 8pm Sunday night up to speed and ready by 9pm, tucked the Butt in then headed to the neighbors for a Nathan's Kraut dawg and a few more beers! With my trusty 701 in the pocket hung out and waited for the final vent adjustments to be made. The dome temp was up around 250-260* but had a grate temp around 220-225* which is perfect! Set the low temp alarm for 200* headed for bed expecting a full nights sleep, well you know how it goes 3am alarms are ringing, babies crying, wife kicking me....DAM, outside I go for a minature 1/8" vent adjustment and all is well, woke up to a 220* grate temp and a butt temp of 185* (turbo), I'm an early puller so off it came at 192* after 12 hours. Perfect! What is up with these turbo butts these days?
Kept Mr. Big warm, headed for the driving range for some mid morning frustration. Back just in time for the boy to do a header down the basement stairs! No damage done, so back to starting the Ribs, nothing exciting here....started munching around 5:30 with some Nature Boy squid which was most excellent! Reheated the pork in it's ziplock bag floated in simmering water for about an hour, poured out steaming and AWESOME. Served with creamy slaw, beans, and all the other leftovers from the weekend. Life was good, until the alarm went off this morning.[p]Report respectfully submitted this 29th day of May, 2001[p]Colonel, PorkButt
Greg

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    GWW, Good report! I will have to add one of those to my arsenal some day. I have 3 polders now..all original and all doing great. Added batteries to my pocket instant read has been my only expense. (So Far).. I like the remote sensor transmitter idea.
    Thanks for the fun post Greg!
    C~W[p]

• GWW
    GWW Posts: 43
    Options
    My collection of probes just keeps growing....so no more post's are allowed about cool new thermometers!