Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Platesetter question

Options
Mayberry Smoker
Mayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there any special reasons why you would use your platesetter with the legs up or legs down. I've always used it with the legs down, don't know why that's just the way I started using it and never changed. Is there any advantages of doing it one way over the other.

Comments

• Mayberry Smoker,
    You can use it with legs up to cook over indirect and put your drip plan under the grate.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,
    platesetter with legs up on grid, drip pan in the middle of it, spare grid on top... gives a decent indirect set-up[p]i rarely use it legs down, actually

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,
    I use mine legs up when cooking indirect. A drip pan sits on the plate setter and the grid on the legs. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever used it legs down. -RP

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,
    Legs down is good for pizza stones to do pizzas. Legs up allows you to put a drip pan down on the plate setter, a grid on the legs, and then the meat or pan on the grid.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz