Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribeye - trexed

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
30dayribeye-023.jpg
<p />i kinda like that photo with the flame up there ^[p]a little dizzy pig raisin the steaks
30dayribeye-001.jpg[p]some of last nights focaccia bread and cinnamon sugar apple star wheels
30dayribeye-033.jpg[p]

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    where did you find the star apples? and did you egg them?
    :~)
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Move that baby over just a little!!

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Nice photo's, but that top one .... WOW. Whenever I get a grill shot tht is even close to that quality it is all luck. What kind of settings/lighting were you using?[p]Here is one of my lucky ones.[p]22800752.jpg[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • 30dayribeye-017.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    thanks, mon! [p]that was natural daylight and flaming fire light. nothing special really... just shooting in auto mode and the camera selected 1/23 second shutter and f3 aperture, 12 mm lens. i shot 19 shots to get a couple good ones. here's my second favorite

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Yeah, the flame steak, that's a keeper. Should be on the cover of Rolling Egg, first issue. You still on the orginal gasket? he he. Great photo's, you might want to see if there are commercial prospects for your talent. Ya never know.....
    Clay

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    B E A U T I F U L - please add that pix to your collage. That site is so impressive and I use it regularly to decide our menu for the week!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 30dayribeye-042.jpg
    <p />BENTE,
    hahaa! those are just granny smith apples sliced thin without coring. the core makes a star in the middle. cinnamon sugar apple wedges have been a favorite of mine since i was a kid. johnny appleseed was my hero![p]you know, those would be really good warmed and caramelized on the egg... i'll try that next time!thanks!

• thirdeye
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Thanks![p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Buddy, I think this one is tops. Very nice..., well...very nice everything![p]Mike

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    no thank you for the close up i was actually sitting there looking a the screen going what did he use to cut those with if he did them by hand then he must have some backround in sushi making.haha
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    You gotta stop this... I'm hours away from an egg and eating in crappy restaurants. This is so painful to look at when I can't do one of my own.

• AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Great steak, great pics. John

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Rick, I think this shot may now eclipse the mini-Egg-cooking-steak-in-blue-twilight shot as my favorite steak shot ever. And to think you got that good of an exposure shooting in Auto mode - dang, that's one smart camera, or your sunlight was just right - either way, great job.[p]TRex
  • guava greg
    guava greg Posts: 139
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]man dat looks good![p]how do you keep your camera from melting?[p]Aloha,[p]Greg
  • JohnnyH
    JohnnyH Posts: 17
    Options
    To save me some searching, what exactly does the Trex method involve. I just got my first large egg a few days ago and did burgers and 2 homeade pizzas the first night. The pizzas were great and the burgers were a bit too smokey, but good anyway. I'm doing ribs today and pork butts next week. I am going to have a good time this year!!!

John
  • TRex,
    thankin ya... you know what? i think the camera does know... just like my ipod.[p]this was the first time i followed the trex method to a t. leaving the dome open during the 90 second per side sear gave me plenty of time to click off 20 shots... of which two were acceptable.[p]i had a hard time just lettin that steak sit there on a plate for 18 minutes while the egg calmed down. :)

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Put the steak in the microwave (don't turn it on, of course) during the rest period - that way you don't have to look at it and torture yourself - also good if you have dogs around that like to counter-surf.[p]TRex
  • thirdeye
    Options
    TRex,[p]That is a good idea. I could use the microwave timer too.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• JohnnyH
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]To save me some searching, what exactly does the trex method involve. I posted the question on the .net site, but it never showed up over here. Which site do most people use?[p]I've had my egg for less than a week and so far burgers, pizza and ribs all came out great. Pork butts are next.[p]Thanks
    John

• JohnnyH,
    not sure if you'll see this because it's so far down the thread list now, BUT[p]you may learn all about the trex method and other great stuff at the naked whiz's site at the link below.[p]posts to the .net site do not show up here, but posts made here at the .com site show up both places... strange, huh?
    there are changes in the works, but i'm not sure when.

[ul][li]trex steak on naked whiz's site[/ul]
  • JohnnyH
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I got it. Thanks. I should have seen that too because I have a link to the Naked Whiz site on my computer for fast access. I thought I read his whole site. Guess not. Thanks again.[p]John