Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charbroiled?

Options
flajoker
flajoker Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

How high is temp. to get charbroiled taste? Do you put anything on hamburger to season for this taste? Thanks Again

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    flajoker, I have used a product called "Western Sizzle" made by Hi-Mountain Jerky, and it is perhaps one of the best steak and burger seasonings I have found to date. I say one of the best, as there are a number of excellent ones available. I think you will be pleased with it. To me it ranks with Char-Crust. I will post a steak method later.
    Cheers to ya..
    Char-Woody

[ul][li]Western Sizzle[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    flajoker,
    Tossing a piece of wood (wet or whatever) on the fire of the Egg with a 550 temp is going to make it burn - no smoke. Temps over 350 produce very little smoke and at 550 only flames.[p]You can presmoke the burgers or sear and dwell them and add chips durning the dwell. Be awful careful -- a restricted fire (dwelling) and smoke (you adding chips) will create a lot of smoke and the potential for a WHOOOOOOOOOSH (flashback) if you don't open the vents before opening the dome. The time it can smoke depends on how thick they are and how done you like them. A couple min on each side and then shut down the Egg tight. Wait 2-4 min for it to snuff the fire a little and toss in the chips and wait until done, 3-8 min.[p]Tim

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    flajoker,
    Cook the burgers like steak, but let them dwell a little longer. I use Char Crust on the burger and it works well,
    RhumAndJerk[p]