Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE addiction

Options
Fireball
Fireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Friday night it was a Boston Butt for Saturday. Saturday it was whole chicken. Today I just finished off Sprinter's Calzones(with left-over pulled pork). Now I am ready to put something else on the BGE. The problem is I have nothing in the house except a chuck roast in the freezer. It is out to find an open store for some more Meat. People for the Eating of Tasty Animals (PETA) would be proud. My butcher is closed today. Yes he is a Butcher, live pigs come in the back and wrapped pork goes out the front door. This BGE cult is addictive, but I am not looking for the 12 step program. The store is calling. Have a great holiday and take a few minutes to remember the vets.
Fireball

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Fireball, I like my 12-step program - the twelve steps from my kitchen to my Egg :0)

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Fireball,
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat. Just put on a full slab of bronto spares, and also have a few NY Strips. Also some scallops. and squash, vidalia onions, portabellos, and pineapple for a killer grilled veggie dish. [p]12 steps to a full belly....and multiple brews.
    Enjoy!
    Life is shweeet. And cherry wood smells good.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Fireball,
    Fire up that roast! I have done several, all with eggcelent results.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Fireball,
    Lots of good stuff in this thread! Like OUR definition of PETA. Yes, if they weren't meant to be eaten they would either be higher up the food chain or wouldn't taste so good. And seeing how they all started out in some sort of "egg", seems only right they get cooked in THE EGG!
    And then I wanted to see if I met Smoke's "12 step program".
    Proud to say that it is also 12 steps from my refrig to the egg!
    And yes, thanks to our vets for making it right for us to enjoy this!