Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help with ribs cooking now

Options
Mantis
Mantis Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today I was planning on cooking babybacks using the 3/1/1 method. Not paying attention to what time it was, I foiled after 2 hours and they are almost ready to come out of their packets. Any advice on how to cook from here.
Thanks,[p]Mantis

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Mantis,
    Just let em go out of the foil until they are done....good bend when you try pick them up, meat pulled back from the end of the bones....toothpick goes in and out easily.....whatever method you care to use to to consider them done...you will be fine...everything is just a guide, nothing is carved in stone..cook em till they are tender.[p]Wess

• Mantis
    Mantis Posts: 8
    Options
    WessB,
    Thanks Wess. I checked your website to refresh my memory before I started cooking today. I enjoyed talking to you at the Florida Eggfest.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Mantis,
    You`ll be fine...just keep in mind that the numbers (3-1-1) are JUST a guide. You will learn to judge for yourself when they are done to YOUR liking, which is all that matters...Enjoy, and Thanks for the kind words. It`s always great to meet new eggers...bring your butt on up here to Waldorf..LOL[p]Wess