Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Grouper - 1st try

kjed
kjed Posts: 55
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, I've been lurking on this board for years, and I ask a question every now and again, but this is the first time I've been excited enough about a cook to rave about it here.[p]Last night I cooked grouper fillets with mango butter:[p]1 small ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and pureed
1 ripe banana, peeled and pureed
zest of 1 orange
10 ounces white wine
juice of one orange
1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
cinnamon
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup melted butter
seasoned salt[p]Place butter in bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Place mango, banana, and orange zest in a small bowl. Stir to mix.[p]Place white wine, orange juice, and mint in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat and allow it to cool. Add liquid to fruit mixture and stir to combine. Add cinnamon to taste. add egg yolks and whisk to mix well. Add fruit mixture to whipped butter in bowl of electric mixer. Mix together on low speed until smooth. Set aside.[p]I brushed the fish with melted butter, then sprinkled both sides with seasoned salt. Fish went on direct, 400 degrees, for approx. 4 minutes per side. Finished off with a dollop of the mango butter, a side of grilled red peppers and snow peas, and the rest of the white wine. What a great meal![p]It was a very simple cook, but I'm always gun shy about cooking fish - I'm afraid I'm going to screw it up somehow. [p]Anyway, I just wanted to share with everyone that I got past my fears, and now I have a new recipe to put in the rotation![p]Keith

Comments