Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gentlemen, we have pulled pork!!

Options
Mikey
Mikey Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks everyone for putting up with all my questions and for all the advice. Mere moments ago I finished pulling some of the best tasting pork I have ever eaten in my life, definetly the best I have ever cooked. I woulda liked a little more smokey flavor, but man is it good. That rub I posted tasted great too. My aunt dropped by while I was pulling it and I thought I was going to have to cut her fingers off 'cause she was eating it about as fast as I could pull it.[p]All in all, my 7.66 pounder took right at 18 hours (shorter time due to 420* spike at about the 11th hour). Had it not been for that one little problem (which was my own fault), this would have been near effortless. Anyone hesitating about doing a butt should just go for it. Look at me, even if you don't do it perfect, the results are still outstanding.[p]Mikey
Definetly going to do this again!

Comments