Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

According to the forum's clock, its WOOOOSDAY!!!!

AlaskanC
AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, its only 9:00pm here in Alaska, but if I go by the board time it is 12:00am on Tuesday the 10th.[p]So ... I give you my ultimo super stuffed fattie!!!
Italian sausage stuffed with provolone cheese, pepper strips, purple onion and some fresh minced basil & oregano[p]fattiestuffing.jpg[p] The other one was chorizo & regular sausage stuffed with the same ingredients, but it kept splitting so I patched it with some bacon.[p]fattiegrill.jpg[p]I only got one little bitty bite before it was gone![p]fattiesfinished.jpg[p]Happy Woosday!!

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    AlaskanC,[p]That..Young Lady, is one kick'n pair of Fatties!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    AlaskanC,
    lots of pretty colors. like looking up in the sky on the 4th of july! [p]btw, i thought everything was way bigger up there in alaska. so why aren't you cookin on an XXXXL (that would be extra extra extra extra large) egg?

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    AlaskanC,[p]Nice lookin' fatties![p]For Easter I couldn't resist a standing rib roast for $5.99 a pound at Publix. Cooked it ala Mad Max (sear at 500, roast at 325). DP Raising the Steaks and fresh Rosemary that somehow thrived throughout our Atlanta winter.
    BGE.jpg
    Not as good as the rib roast I bought for Christmas at Whole Foods, but still pretty darn great.[p]Roudy

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Those look fantastic, Melissa! Very creative, and, I'll bet they were goooooddd.......

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    AlaskanC,[p]I caught the Easter Bunny and cooked him direct at 375 for 90 min. I spatchocked him dredging him in a Cadbury Egg wash. Served with Peeps and Jelly Beans.[p]easter.jpg
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    markkal123,[p] Because her husband is a super duper cheap skate who makes her beg to even buy a small egg..[p]Just Kidding Mr.CSI..Really I am.. [p]PS Things are bigger in Texas. They are prettier in Alaska. Need proof come to Waldorf and see AlaskaC standing next to Chubby.... ohhh I crack myself up sometimes
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    AlaskanC,[p]I would wager to say that you are really getting the hang of that D80 - those are some beautiful pictures, the 3rd being my favorite: well exposed, good sharpness, great DOF, and man those colors are outstanding. Oh, and the fattie looks delicious as well![p]Hey, if you haven't already, download the trial version of Adobe PS Elements 5.0 - it will really take your photography hobby (or, in my case, obsession) to the next level.[p]I'm sure everyone's already seen this pic, but I didn't get a picture of the slawdogs my dad and I cooked on Sunday, so here again is our Friday steak:[p]4-6-07_steak1-web.jpg[p]And now that I'm back to eating on MY budget, here's a glimpse of last night's dinner:[p]cheerio.jpg[p]Happy Woosday all![p]TRex
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Celtic Wolf,
    would like to make it to one of the eggfests and put some faces on these sometimes amusing but mostly informative posts. even share a jack and beer back. unfortunately prior commitments will keep me from these early fests. [p]nevertheless, it's nice to be sharin a part of the mornin with y'all.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    AlaskanC,
    Our DIEts really don't call for this but our body screamed "I WAN'T SOME REAL MEAT!" So this was dinner last night...[p]FirstSteaksofftheEgginitsnewhome.jpg[p]Spring "Here's The Beef" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Wow, Leroy, those chunks of beef look as big as my head!! You need a fork or something in the picture for scale![p]Looks delicious - glad you and the Hen splurged a bit - I think every now and then is okay. Certainly looks like it was worth it.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • Celtic Wolf
    Spring Chicken,[p] You know I saw those very same items on my wife Nutra-Systems plan.. [p]Got me one of those in the refrigerator right now..
  • Spring Chicken
    TRex,
    They just called out to me at Sam's Club. 2" thick. Cooked rare 'cause our body was designed to eat raw meat. Now I feel like grabb'n a club and going Wooly Mammoth hunt'n. [p]Spring "Don't Exactly Know What I Would Do With A Dead Wooly Mammoth" Chicken[p]

• Spring Chicken
    Celtic Wolf,
    Are you sure it's not the NUTRIA-System??? LOL[p]Nutria
    Nutria.jpg[p]Unless you raised the cow you don't really know where the meat has been.[p]Spring "Dead Cows Taste Good" Chicken[p]

• Celtic Wolf
    Spring Chicken,[p]Scrimshaw with the tusks.. Winter coats with the hide. Dino burgers, steak, ribs, and roasts with the meat. End Tables with the feet.[p]Celtic "Worry that he might actually find one" Wolf
  • Spring Chicken
    ROTFLMAO...[p]Spring "Wood and Brick Cave Dweller" Chicken
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    mauditebeerandribeye.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC,
    well, that post at the top now has me ab-so-loot-ly freaking about getting some dry-aged beef again. it's been 3 weeks, and i'm falling of the wagon and gonna get me a dime-bag of rib-eye, i think.
    so here's my photoessay... an ode to hard moldy beef.[p]above, a ribeye. notice how literally square and sharp the edges are. no floppy limp celtic-wolf type chunk of meat here (sorry boss, had to!)[p]this is my contribution to a tailgate party at the pat's game. ribeye/pair-o-strips/porterhouse (from the loin end)
    no sh!t, these cost as much as the ticket.
    another strip, next to my 8" knife, for scale.[p]NYstripraw.jpg[p]in truth, if i'm buying choice, i get the strip. best combo for me of flavor and texture. but dry-aged, i dunno. ribeye pulls way ahead.[p]my first 45 day rib eye. nearly wet my pants [p]rawribeye.jpg[p]and cooked. notice how it rounds out, and tightens, but doesn't get floppy andmelty like a choice ribeye. these don't fall apart along the fat seams like choice can[p]seared.jpg[p]ok. that's it i guess. damn. off to the butcher!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    100_1343.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC,
    i think its ham all week, enough for sandwiches til friday, cheesy ham and potatoes last night, ham bone and chunks for peasoup somewhere down the road. maybe with some beans this weekend[p]100_1348.jpg[p]100_1352.jpg[p]100_1355.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Celtic Wolf
    fishlessman,[p] Ok What is that Ouija board pointer thing?
  • fishlessman
    Celtic Wolf,
    some kinda scrawny sweet potato thing. we had some that looked like fat carrots. baked

fukahwee maine

• eggaholic
    eggaholic Posts: 309
    Nshrimp5.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC,
    My seafood pails in Comparison, but it's all I have to offer.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    <a href=
    <p />AlaskanC,
    Holy mackerel, those fatties are big'uns.[p]

IMG_3778.jpg

Sundays lamb roast. I de-boned the beast, marindated and roasted at 300-325 dome. Diana says that it was one of the best ever. Nice to be able to slice across without the bone in.
    Clay

• Celtic Wolf
    fishlessman,[p] Ahhh no wonder I didn't know what it was. Those we chop up, boil and turn them into:[p]st-pie.jpg
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    86065786-L.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC,[p]
  • fishlessman
    Celtic Wolf,
    ive never eaten sweet potato pie, dont even think i have ever seen it on a menu. got a good recipe, these ones were not as sweet as the big potatos i usually get. i grew up thinking that they were supposed to be boiled, then one day i just baked one, havent looked back since, would like to try a pie though

fukahwee maine

• Celtic Wolf
    fishlessman,[p]I have a terrible recipe.. heheheheh[p]Sweet Tater Pie.[p]2 c. Milk
    2 c. Sugar (I use Splenda)
    4 eggs
    2 stick butter (softened)
    4 c. Sweet Taters (boiled are good, baked are better)
    1 tsp. Salt.
    2 tsp. Vanilla[p]Pre-heat Egg to 400 deg. Indirect. Line a 9" pie pan with crust(store-bought is fine)
    Blend all the ingredients well. Pour into the 9" pie plate till about 1/4 inch from top. [p]You will have some left over. Makes great tarts.[p]Bake till fork comes out clean 30+minutes. Serve Chilled topped with Pecans and Whip Cream

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC01930a.jpg
    <p />AlaskanC,[p]Nice fatties, and great lookin' stuffing too. I didn't take a single picture of the Easter eats! But I did get a lunch snapshot yesterday.[p]~thirdeye~[p]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AlaskanC,
    here's my easter ham .. .. [p]IMG_0888.jpg

• Spring Chicken
    fishlessman,
    Sweet Potatoes go well with steak. And they're better for you. I love them anyway they're cooked.[p]Spring "Just Call Me Sweet Tater" Chicken

• fishlessman
    Spring Chicken,
    sweat potato waffle fries and a lamb stew simmered with guinness is pretty good too. i like the sweet potatoes, funny how some dont.

fukahwee maine

• Celtic Wolf
    fishlessman,[p] I clare, there is simply no accounting for some peoples taste.[p]Celtic "From the land where potatoes and tea are SWEET" Wolf