Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Ribs

edited 5:16PM in EggHead Forum
I was lucky enough to get some really nice ribs cut from standing rib roasts. Lotsa meat !! I would appreciate some suggestions on the best way to "egg" these.
TIA,
Gary

Comments

• Egging On,[p]Looking forward to seeing the responses. I haven't cooked beef ribs on the egg yet. Cooked them several times before on other cookers though.[p]If you have access, Cook's Illustrated did a thing on them a few years back. The things I remember from that is that you need to cook them at a higher temp, but not above 300, than you would other meats like pork ribs. You need the higher heat to render the fat and get the Roasted flavor you want with the beef.[p]As you probably know, they will not be fall off the bone tender like pork..... will have a slight "tug" when you eat them. Like steak on a stick.[p]But the flavor is outstanding. I've got to try some on the egg now that you've got me thinking of them.[p]I'm thinking I would cook indirect at 300 or 325 until they look roasted on the exterior.

• WardsterWardster Posts: 1,006
    Egging On,
    One of my all time favorites. Put a rub on them and set the egg up indirect at 250*. Let them go for about 5 hours and that's it. I don't flip, foil or anything. If they are too tough, you did not cook them long enough. I like to use guava for smoke too.

Apollo Beach, FL
  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Egging On,
    yup 5 hours or more, indirect, do forget to remove the membrane off the back of the bones. I did a two bone ribs cook last week, with my 5 pounder, came out great I do love those.