Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Birthday Celebration

Options
Herm
Herm Posts: 206
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My egg's first birthday is Sunday. Any suggestions for a special cook?[p]

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Herm,
    Birthday cake? -RP

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Herm,
    Outstanding![p]I was almost running out of reasons / excuses to drink, now, thanks to you and your egg Sunday will once again be a great day.[p]Here is to your EGG![p]Cheers.[p]Oh as far as food, I would go with a Lobster stuffed Tenderloin on this very special occasion.

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    That's an idea! actually 2, the drinking and the lobster stuffed tenderloin.

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    surely you must invite your friends and have a party! as a newb here i don't expect an invite and don't have enough experience to make a good recomendation. Although my t-rexed new yorker was great. [p]the lobster stuffed loin sounds really yummy! do you have a recipe for that?[p]cheers to the egg!

• BurntRaw
    Options
    markkal123,
    Max has a recipe that includes a spread which is said to be very good, but I like mine a bit more simple - just lobster, lemon juice, butter and loin (along with some DP of course).[p]Wrap her up and roast to your desired temp...[p]2006_0430April300015.jpg[p]2006_0430April300016.jpg[p]2006_0430April300017.jpg[p]2006_0430April300031.jpg[p]

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    thanks. looks pretty simple, easy, and very very good.
    are those tails pre-cooked? just wondering cause i'm thinkin i'd like to try this asap. would medium rare stuffed be same as medium rare minus the crustacean?

• BurntRaw
    Options
    markkal123,
    Yep, I did a parboil on the tails before stuffing them.[p]Then while roasting I threw on some bacon just because I could.[p]2006_0430April300027.jpg[p]Medium is medium. Give it a shot cuz it is good.

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    My 1st Egg's birthday is today. He's getting a real nice 4-bone standing rib roast dusted with some DP Raising The Steaks rub, too. Lucky devil!!![p]All the best,
    Jim

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    :ermm: shouldn't that be a Happy Hatchday?

get some big o'steaks and T-rex them