Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

armadillo eggs

edited 1:15AM in EggHead Forum
DSCN8813_1.jpg
<p />thirdeye gave me this great idea for armadillo eggs![p]it's a fattie shaped like an egg and stuffed with a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese with garlic and shallot. 3 hours indirect at 275 degrees dome with jack daniels chips till 165 internal. i can't wait to cut one open![p]DSCN8794_1.jpg[p]DSCN8804_1.jpg[p]

Comments

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Show me a broken egg - I want to see what they look like inside after the cook.[p]Are you gonna hide these things in the bushes tomorrow for the neighborhood kids to find?
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Oooh hoo hoo! I gotta try that!!!

• TRex,
    the family's coming over tomorrow... 16 in all. so the eggs will be served cold prior to dinner.[p]they're cooling off in the icebox right now, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow to see inside. i think if i cut them now, the cream cheese would all run out. they sure do smell good though!

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Oh man, I'm cruising a few recipes, trying to decide if I want pecans on top of a sweet 'tater pie or not. Then I stumble over here and see Easter armidillo eggs. camera0nv.gif I love those things. Yours look great. How can you stand not slicing into one?[p]~thirdeye~[p]BTW, I'm going with the pecans.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BuddyBuddy Posts: 17
    Could i please get the recipe . those look delicious
    thanks
    jd
  • easter2007-001.jpg
    <p />these things are great![p]

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Yeah, that's the ticket. Yours look just right. I've always liked the meat to pepper ratio of AE's.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • easter2007-003.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    thanks for the great recipe! try a slice on a cracker with a little smoked trout dip!