Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

armadillo eggs

edited 12:45AM in EggHead Forum
DSCN8813_1.jpg
<p />thirdeye gave me this great idea for armadillo eggs![p]it's a fattie shaped like an egg and stuffed with a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese with garlic and shallot. 3 hours indirect at 275 degrees dome with jack daniels chips till 165 internal. i can't wait to cut one open![p]DSCN8794_1.jpg[p]DSCN8804_1.jpg[p]
·

Comments

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Show me a broken egg - I want to see what they look like inside after the cook.[p]Are you gonna hide these things in the bushes tomorrow for the neighborhood kids to find?
    ·
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Oooh hoo hoo! I gotta try that!!!

·
  • TRex,
    the family's coming over tomorrow... 16 in all. so the eggs will be served cold prior to dinner.[p]they're cooling off in the icebox right now, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow to see inside. i think if i cut them now, the cream cheese would all run out. they sure do smell good though!

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Oh man, I'm cruising a few recipes, trying to decide if I want pecans on top of a sweet 'tater pie or not. Then I stumble over here and see Easter armidillo eggs. camera0nv.gif I love those things. Yours look great. How can you stand not slicing into one?[p]~thirdeye~[p]BTW, I'm going with the pecans.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • BuddyBuddy Posts: 17
    Could i please get the recipe . those look delicious
    thanks
    jd
    ·
  • easter2007-001.jpg
    <p />these things are great![p]

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Yeah, that's the ticket. Yours look just right. I've always liked the meat to pepper ratio of AE's.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • easter2007-003.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    thanks for the great recipe! try a slice on a cracker with a little smoked trout dip!

·