Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You saw it here first... a Char-Woody Pizza

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cwpizza.jpg
<p />I promised ole See Dubs that I would post this image of a pizza that he shared with me by email. It was described as "desperation" pizza and I will let him provide all the particulars. Don't let him off the hook on this one hehehehehe[p]K~G

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    KennyG,
    To use his words..he said it was a flop.....well...it aint the purdiest thang...but I`m sure it tasted good...LOL
    and that looks like a rutland gasket I see in the background..[p]Wess

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    KennyG,
    Boy! You guys are sure making me hungry!!!![p]Dr. Chicken

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    That is BY FAR, the Ugliest piece of food I dun ever seen![p]Gawd Damn!.........[p]prolly tasted good though huh.......[p]Mop!

• Unknown
    Options
    Mop, Never judge a pizza by its uneven dough edges!!! This car wreck had it's good side :-)[p]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    KennyG, thanks..hey it looks better here!! :-)
    For those that want to know, and those that really would rather pass..here are the ugly details.
    This one was short on cheese, at least it started out that way. Ever get half way into the prep, and discover your half balanced on the ingredients. That was me! And to make matters worse, what little mozzerella cheese I had in the zip bag, I lost about 1/3 on the floor before I noticed I had the bag upside down..Sheeesh.
    So I found some 5 cheese in the can, and I had some left over peppercorn round sandwich slices. Aha!! Green peppers, vidalia onions, canned sliced mushrooms, black olives, and some super sauce from the store, "Steff Gourmet Napoli Style" pizza sauce. A vunderbar sauce and I recommend it. It even has tomato chunks in it and a garlic seasoning.
    The globs you see in the photo, are the melted pepperjack slices.
    The crust was King Arthur Pizza dough, and I added for the directions salt, Lawreys garlic salt. Also a teaspoon or so of chives. And I used dough relaxer. As well as KA's dough seasonings. Makes a rather unique dough easy to handle and place on the peel for shaping. Next time I will add cheese to the dough prior to rolling it up and shaping the edges.
    When I knead the dough on the counter prior to rolling it out, I use whole wheat flour for dusting. Seems to work o.k.
    I used half the dough on this one, and saved enuff for anothe pizza tomorrow. I got cheese this evening..:-)
    Here is a tip for those that got this far..when you dress out your peel for the pizza dough with corn meal, don't be bashfull. Load it up. When you lay your thin pizza dough on the peel, do not press down on the main center..but roll up the edges of the dough and you can stretch the main part a bit to shape it. Then apply your sauce, your cheese and top with ingredients, and a bit more cheese on top. Don't overdue..just moderately. I have left over's to use tomorrow.
    Shake your peel when finished and the dough should still slide easily all over the peel with no effort. If you find a spot along the edges loosen it with a very thin knife and then shake the pizza peel again to assure a loose pizza. Then head to the hot preheated stone...I ran 500F solid cook from start to finish.
    Pizza is a easy to do cook...
    Cheer's to ya all...and I did clean up the floor from my cheese spill...Lucky wiffy was off to a concert..:-)
    C~W
    BTW..this pizza was dang good! I will use the pepperjack again! As well as the sauce..! For a commercial sauce it is one of the better ones.[p]

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, I had pizza for supper, for midnight snack, and for lunch this noon. Pork chops tonight..the skinny variety..Center cuts. Ho boy..Pizza again with real cheese tomorrow..and PepperJack. I said peppercorn up above in one part. Ol Spin and Pizza and I go waaaaaay back to the beginnings of the forum. I learned a lot from him.
    C~W[p]

• Char-Woody
    Options
    WessB, your right..its about 2 weeks old. I have to reset the bands a bit..but its pretty tight as is. Works good.
    BTW..the dome is free standing..no locks. And check out the busted tri sitter leg..a spare thin firebrick. We make do.
    C~W[p]

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    C~W,I`m sure it tasted wonderful, I was just razzin ya c-w[p]
    Mop!

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Mop, I know ya wuz..and it wuz..Had its almost twin tonight, but fresh mushrooms this time. Jerky on nearly done. More goodies.
    Cheers.
    C~W[p]