Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket RULES!

Options
fontzmark
fontzmark Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings all, I threw a marinated brisket on last night at about 3:00 am, got the temp at 240* and went to bed, woke up about 9:30, checked the temp of the brisket...175*, so I just completely shut the egg down, went to the store for some fresh rolls and at about 11:30 had one of the best sandwiches ever! The egg was rock solid on temp through the night, at the store they had a beauty of a pork butt, #10 pounder, so I brought him home too, will fire up again tomorrow morning, I used to be a pulled porker, but have to say that brisket is just awesome! I really did not think it could be that good but it was and the egg just makes all this stuff so easy, I think I have pops convinced to buy one!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    fontzmark,
    Doesn't get better than a chunk-o-chest. Congrats on the successful cook.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fontzmark
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks...it was so good, I thought the marinate was really good, how do you do your brisket, being you are such a fan of the hunk-o-chest? Do you soak it? Give it a rub?

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    fontzmark,
    I do about half and half. Sometimes I marinate, if I have time, and sometimes I do a rub or a mustard/rub combo. It really doesn't seem to make a huge difference. Don't think the marinade penetrates that deeply anywho. It is all just icing on the cake. Or crust on the chunk-o-chest! The heavy BEEF flavor that you get in a brisket is what always comes through!![p]My buddy from 'Rado is comin' in tonight, and some other old college buddies are coming by. Just put on 2 slabs of bronto spare ribs! Fred Flinstone style.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • fontzmark
    Options
    Nature boy,
    that sound good, I am putting a #10 butt on at 4:00 to hopefully take to work Tuesday at noon or so, have some thick cut chops that i dusted with jerk seasoning last night, going to throw them on also, should I slow cook them or bring the egg up hot and cook them like a steak then dump on fresh lump to bring the fire down for the butt? What do you think?[p]Mark