Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast help

Options
Grasshopper
Grasshopper Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey fellow eggers - got an easy question. I will be cooking a 7 pound turkey breast tomorrow. I read the meat need to hit 300 degrees, but approximately how long will that take? Does anyone know how many hour per pound a turkey breast takes to cook?
thanks for your help? Any favorite Dizzy Pig rub for the breast?
Thanks again.
Grasshopper

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Grasshopper,
    Yo, if you let the meat hit 300 degrees, it will be burnt black. You need the meat to hit 160. I'd bet the breast has some directions on the wrapper that says 20 minutes per pound or something like that, cooking at 325. I'd roast it in the egg just like you would in the oven. My two favorite rubs for turkey breast are Montreal Steak seasoning and DP Tsunami Spin. Now that DP has Raisin' The Steaks, I'd say try that instead of Montreal Steak Seasoning. Good luck![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Grasshopper,
    Get egg to 325 and cook indirect.I rub with butter or olive oil and your favorite rub,salt and pepper etc.Pull at 160. Do not let it cook any longer,usually around two hours.If the temp gets higher the meat will not be moist.

• Mully
    Mully Posts: 30
    Options
    Hooooooold on there Grasshopper,[p]300° will get you turkey jerky![p]try indirect at 225° or so till you hit 160° on breast and pull er off she will go up 5 to 10° while resting 30min in a cooler.☺
    Mully