Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Eggfest2000 Artwork by Nature Boy

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just added the artwork Nature Boy worked up for Eggfest2000. Check it out over at the Eggfest2000 website. Linked below or on the forum main page at the top of the page. Check it out and register to come while you're browsing the site. There are 10 Eggs that will be sold after the event - reserve yours at the website.[p]Thanks Chris.[p]Tim
[ul][li]
EGGFEST2000
[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    Nice job with the website there! It is you that deserve much credit for spending the time putting that site together. I am glad to put my little contribution in, but putting together a website is hard work, and it looks fantastic. [p]Thank YOU
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Tim M, only 10 people signed up to cook so far? We got far more yankee cooks on the forum than that! If I hadn't already promised the LearJet to a friend during that time,, me and Guru would fly in and do some seafood or something. It's too far for us to drive and I'm afraid to fly on commercial jets with the tails falling off and such. But we are planning on serving up some special stuff in Atlanta in the Fall.. Fine job on the artwork.

• Tim M
    Options
    41547-5.jpg
    <p />King-O-Coals,[p]Well its not a lear but my Cherokee is available if you need it. You'll come![p]Tim
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Tim M, Thanks for the offer, but I've never flown a Cherokee. And I would still have to drive quite a distance to get to it. My resume of butt-pinching cockpit seats includes the AH64 Apache, the A7-D Corsair II, the AC-130U Spectre Gunship, AV8B Harrier II, F-4B/J Phantom, F-8J Crusader, F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18 Hornet, F-22, F-102 Starfighter, Sea-Harrier FA.2, B-1 Stealth Bomber, the old new B-52(as weapons tech only), Bell 206-B JetRanger III, Learjet 45, Cessna Skylane 182S, and the Boeing 737-400. I have probably logged over 60 or more hours total in these babys. It became easier and a lot more fun after I got my new Sidewinder Forcefeedback joy stick. It's hard to master these machines with the pointer buttons on the keyboard.. You know,,, on second thought,, where do you keep the keys, we might just take you up on your offer..:^)

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Tim M, I'm not accusing you,, but,,,, well did you break the top off of that monument up on the hill. See,, that's why I hate to borrow single engine birds. If it ain't got 38,000 lbs. of thrust on each engine,, I tend to get into trouble. I need high climb rates or I would be breaking stuff too..

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    King-O-Coals, [p]That does it, I am dumping this Top Shot Digital joystick..Anything that can fly a "stealth" I gotta have.[p] Ask me about chicken again. Mine was so tender it was fall apart juicy. Orange Butt this time with ceramic "Willy sitters".[p] BTW..those models sure beat my little Cessna 150 flying experience :-(![p]Whew...C~W[p]
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Char-Woody, yeah the simms are great, but I can't feel the G's. The ForceFeedback is pretty cool. If you dog it the wrong way where aerodynamics would really be a problem, it will nearly shake your hand off. My next chickens will be successes since I have learned,, or re-learned about old chickens. The "orange" appeals to me. Yeah,, that's the ticket... Maybe some orange in the brine? YUeahah-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-haaaayeeeeeeeeeeeee! humph,, sorry.

• Char-Woody
    Options
    King-O-Coals, Yeh, ya don't get all the blood in yer ankles with the simms. I was never there..but I got a pretty good idea what those quick snap rolls and G forces can do to ya.
    Makes Egging pretty tame work..!!
    Keep the orange juice in the willy sitter or beer can. I used apricot wood for the smoke..This bird had a change of pace flavor..all good.
    Very simple...nice fresh young whole fryer..375 degrees over 2 fire bricks, or pizza stone, left over aluminum pie tin for a drip pan, set bird on sitter, set sitter in pan..set pan on ceramic..kick fire to 350 and in 2 to 2.5 hours check temperatures, and throttle back,lower flaps, drop landing gear, and bring the bird to the table...the right bird of course.
    Cheers...C~W[p]

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Is it just me or is the hand that holds the plate in the middle of the picture shooting us the bird? It is a small detail but one that I feel needs to be cleaned up.[p]Thank you in advance,[p]Elder Ward

• Brant
    Brant Posts: 82
    Options
    Elder Ward,[p]What an eye! Whose hands are those, anyway?[p]Brant

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    I noticed that, but it is not true to form.
    The actual bird takes a whole hand, not just one finger!![p]Here at Nature Geographic, we only use unretouched images. Heee![p]I also figured that Mr. Toad had no intention of flipping anyone off when he was serving that gorgeous plate of lobsters.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Options
    King-O-Coals,[p]I got climb rate - almost 700 fpm in the winter! Its a bit anemic in climb,cruise,speed,distance I will admit but its fine in desending![p]That monument, as you may well know, is the one at Kitty Hawk (actually Kill Devil Hills, NC) where flight began. They just repaired the top and put the becon light back up there. [p]Let me know if you get the Lear - I could use a little turbo jet flight time. I'll practise some on MS Flight Sim 2000.[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Options
    King-O-Coals,[p]I am going to guess that the Cherokee will be most like the 182 if I had tp pick from that group. Well, maybe the lear - maybe not.[p]Tim
  • Elder Ward
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Well of course Mr. Toad aint nothing but a gentleman, and so are you. But, the artist does or do have a certain amount of responsiblity in what they publish and if they don't the editor do for sure. [p]May I point out that if we start showing any breast (except the foul type) or other exposed body parts like National Geographics. I will drop my subscription to this publication also.[p]If you got em don't show em,[p]Elder Ward

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Char-Woody, can you imagine lifting off the asphalt at 200 knots, going into full afterburner, pointing the nose at the sun and breaking the sound barrier while in that climb? It's a thrill on the computer,, I'll bet it's something in real life. I may go for the chickens weekend after next. Or whatever the wifey decides. She is feeling pretty froggy since I have started letting her decide what I'm going to egg next. Of course, with Einstein's relativity theory thing about a womans prerogative to change her mind,, sometimes it gets a little confusing. Just last night, it was going to be pork loin today. This morning, it's fish today and pork loin tomorrow.. Now she's getting a taste of what us egg-men'z go through all the time. OH! I gotta go,,, she's hollerin for me. Probably another last minute menu change...

• Tim M
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    So if there is a hand holding a steak -- that's unacceptable? Ohh, what if someone has their shoes off in a picture of them next to an Egg?? Bad?[p]T -- lets don't go crazy here folks[p]

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    I think I used "a certain amount of responsibility![p]I really liked Mr. Toad's lobster picture, and the fact that his middle finger happened to be sticking out didn't really seem offensive. He is generously serving some very nice food that he is probably quite proud of.[p]I think I used good judgement there. There are probably a lot of things in life that seem offensive if you look too much into it! [p]Anyway, thanks for the heads up! It is always an issue to me when someone sees something in my art (or choice of images) that rubs them wrong. I apologize if I offended you.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    NB - I don't think any apologizes are necessary - the average person could be caught giving the finger several times each day just based on the way they do or hold things. But with that said, aren't you glad that people are really LOOKING at your creation - and a nice one it is.[p]Country style ribs and sweet potatoes on the BGE. Have a great day!

• Char-Woody
    Options
    King-O-Coals, The closest thing us landlubbers could come to that would be one of those monster roller coasters with the triple loops. What a feeling that would be.
    C~W

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    brant,
    the hand/hands belong to "the colonel" - the photo was taken at toadfest -

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Brant
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I think you should be smiling. I think that was Elder Ward's intention. If I'm wrong, well, I'm going to take it that way, anyway.[p]Still smiling,[p]Brant
  • Brant
    Options
    Mr. Toad,[p]The Colonel, eh? Oh, I'm gonna have some fun with this next time he mentions rap music to me....[p]Brant

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Brant,
    I am smiling!!
    And the sun is shining.[p]Thanks.NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Elder Ward
    Options
    Brant,[p]Some body finally got it right. Yeah that is some fine art work on Nature Boys behalf. But since that just jump[ed out at me I just could not resist.[p]Elder Ward[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    I'll get ya figgered out one of these days here pal!!
    If ya got it, smoke it.[p]I mean...If you got 'em smoke em'.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com