Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So, who heard us screaming?

Options
The Spawn
The Spawn Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gather aroung children, and let me tell you a tale, the tale of Passover at Mad Max and The Spawn's house. (If you are squimish, you may want to click back and go read a nice post about someone else's dinner). [p]So Mad Max and I started off alright. The soup went on last night, and he even added some dp rub into it (by the way, Smokey, It was FANTASTIC. I think I may forgeive you for the Hofstra incident...maybe.) and we had it simmering all night. We contined on into this moring. I cleaned, dad cooked. Mad Max worked on the lamb, chicken, aspargus, and soup. Mom was working hard on potatos, chopping herbs, and fixing the little things around the house. Sam was hidding. I was making charosit, and flourless chocolate cake (thats right, go ahead and drool, I dont blame you.) Everything was still going smooth, until 4:51 (yes, I looked at a clock.) Suddenly the doors burst opened, and relatives were here. I wasnt dressed, Mad Max's shirt had stains, mom wasn't done with makeup and Sam was wondering around like a chicken with its head cut off (we should have cooked him!) Grandma brought the matzo balls...and SOUP!!! Aunts brought KOSHER DESERT!!! And the chiken wasnt done, the potatos were still cooking, the aspargus wasnt even on: It was time for Mad Max and The Spawn to really start working. On a side note, Running around and cooking in high heels=stupid. Naturally, we left mom with Mad Max's relatives: talk about a gentile sacrifice.[p]Well in the end, we got everything on the table just in time and Mad Max did the fastest Passover Sedar in History. Here is my review of dinner...
Lamb: I done even eat lamb, but for a first time deal, Mad Max did a fantastic job, there is hardly any left.
Chicken: This was the only disapontment (next to the Kosher desert). Maybe it was just my piece, but it was very dry and kinda tasteless. It was not as big a hit as the lamb. Mom says hers was moist, but maybe talking to the relatives for an hour affected her taste buds.
Aspargus: Given the fact that my grandfather hates pepper, and Mad Max didnt put any on it pre cook, it was very good. It was done perfectly and had a great taste, once you put pepper on it!
Potatos: My fav. Perfectly cut and done just right with lots of cruchy pieces.
Soup: BEST MATZO BALL SOUP EVER. period.
Charosit: Mine was better than grandma's.
Kosher Desert: Do I really need to tell you all the horrors of Koser for Passover desert. Basicly cake made out of Matzo. Yeah, I'm sorry in advance for giving you all nightmares.
My flourless chocolate cake: There are not words to describe this. It was decadent, fantastic, amazing, wonderful, great and as Mad Max put it, good. (He also just commented on how amazing it is that I can type with one hand, while the other is pating me on the back. And just how big my head gotten in the past hour.)[p]So children, as I end my tale of Passover '07, I hope you all had a wonderful night and good food, I'm gona go eat some cake, and not the Kosher one.[p]Happy Passover next year in Jerusalem.[p]The Spawn.

Comments