Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Curious: Where did all the new folks come from

Options
Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did Fritz sell that many eggs in Florida??[p]Welcome Ya'll.. Now tell us who you you are?[p]

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Funny you should mention it. There has been a steady stream of new Eggheads ever since I got my Egg back in 1999. They seem to be very creative too, not to mention capable of taking decent photos and despensing tons of humor. I like it.[p]Spring "A Bird In A Bunch All By Myself" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Clive Iowa just outside of Des Moines if you look on a map.

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p] Weren't you the first one to post here?? :)[p]Got my Texas Eggfest T-Shirt coming this way.
  • Celtic Wolf,
    from an... egg ?[p]schi!
    (sorry, couldn't help it)

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Ha... I was a long way from being the "first" to post. It took a while before I even found this Forum. There are some REAL oldtimers out there who don't post as much as they used to but they're still around. They jump in when things get slow. [p]Like them, I love reading the posts from Newbies who ask the same questions over and over again. But a few short weeks or months later and they are replying to the latest Newbies with adivce. More important, they are coming up with some realy great recipes and techniques. Us old timers like to sit back and watch the action. It's very exciting to watch.[p]Spring "Been Around Awhile" Chicken

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p] We were all new once.. I was just curious where they all came from.After all Christmas was three months ago.. :)[p]Celtic "Gonna automate pointing to WessB's and TNW's site" Wolf.[p][p]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    could it be they still have the mindset the general public does? You know "BBQ season ONLY runs from Memorial Day until Labor Day" So maybe they couldn't wait any longer and decided to cheat the system! Around here the merchants are just now starting to stock their shelves again in anticipation of Memorial Day! Of course a month later they roll out their Christmas merchandise!!!!!!!!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Now Ron,
    That is the last thing I need to hear is winter is coming on. LOL I just survived another winter in this crazy business of mine. I have Peoria on my mind.[p]Mike

• Celtic Wolf,
    from Hilo,Hawaii on the big island of Hawaii..

• infredible
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Shillington (suburb of Reading) Pa.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 35
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]
    Rochester, NY. Just heard about the BGE a few weeks before purchasing one and I have been impressed with it ever since. Cant imagine a better BBQ tool. [p]I already want another one and I have had mine less than a month.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    Rod, I responded to your email from last night, but now I see a different addy. Did you receive that one today or should I resend it to this one?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Brighton, MI[p]Have a very lonely Traeger and a "rode hard put away wet" egg.....
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    RRP,
    Yep. I got it. Thanks. I emailed that from my business account. I use this accoutn for message boards. Thanks. Too bad it isnt more of an event like the others. We are really stoked about grilling on the egg.

• Celtic Wolf,
    I am in maryland about 20 miles southeast of waldorf, and I just got my first brisket right this weekend, after the third try, it is really fun when you get that first cook right. I have to thank the many resources avaible, especially elder wards posts and of course the naked whiz.

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Curt1971,[p] Ohhh this is priceless.. You want to repeat this on the California BBQ Assoc. Forum...[p] HAHAHAHAHA Bentley will have a cow hahahaha
  • dakotajer
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    have been following this forum for months, got my large egg 1st March, had used my cousins for Christmas and got hooked. Have used it as much as the weather would alow. Turkey, burgers, steaks, pork tenderloins, chicken, all has gone well. Not many eggs in South Dakota, but the number is groing.
    Thanks to everyone on this forum, the company and info is invaluable!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    pdub,
    i think there are a lot of folks who'd say you did good to nail the brisket on your third try, whether it was on an egg or not.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]We sold 25 eggs at the Florida Eggfest. Some of them were "companion" eggs for current eggheads, but there were quite a few folks who picked up their very first egg...[p]Come on Florida Folks, if you're out there, introduce yourselves!!![p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe,
    I'm from FL, but wasn't in Ocala. Paid full price for my new one a couple months ago.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    HR3,[p]Sorry to hear you missed this year's Fest, but come on and join us next year. [p]Welcome to the family![p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe,
    Thanks! Definitely will thry and make it next year for sure!

• BBQ Gypsy
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]As you know, we attended the Florida Eggfest. You know because we where hanging around and eating all your food! Next time we too will cook. But as first timers we were reserved cause we didn't know what to expect. It was great fun.[p]Our friend tried to talk us into an Egg about three years ago. Then last year we traveled together and he brought a mini egg with him in his motorhome. It was fun. But too capacity limited. So last summer we bought a small egg and have never looked back.[p]The small fits in our motorhome basement without issue. We are full time RVers, traveling from place to place and following the weather patterns. E.g., we'll be in Tennessee for May and the rest of the summer in Michigan.[p]Right now we are setting up residence in Lakeland, Fl for Sun n Fun. We've never been before. Florida weather has been just great. Time to crank up the grill to prepare dinner-steak again!

• stike,
    Thanks stike, I was a little reluctant to use the term nail but it was pretty darn good. I have read alot on the web...
    and elder ward has some great write ups...