Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
edited 3:18AM in EggHead Forum
Happy Woosday everyone! Show us what you've been tinkerin' with on that Egg, and maybe a preview of your Easter/Passover/1st week of April cook![p]This is what I cooked Sunday:[p]fad07_5-web.jpg[p]and for Easter TRex Sr. and I are gonna do somethin', just don't know what yet.[p]Hope all you folks are livin' the Egg life![p]TRex

• icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    <p />TRex,[p]

• Buster Dog BBQBuster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Tri-Tip kabobs and baby portabella's

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    <p />TRex,
    Burgers and beans

• slyryeslyrye Posts: 135
    my 5 little dancers

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,689
    <p />TRex,
    frozen pie from the turkey farm down the road, ice out this weekend, not enough time to make anything, but the pie was good, much better than my college days buying 10 morton pies for a buck.
    some stuffed clams from a lobster pound in maine, real good, it was a reheat weekend, no real cooking, still it was all good from the egg. and a dog for the dog

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    TRex,[p]This is a tri tip I did the other night.[p]Smokey[p]P1010008.jpg

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    <p />TRex,
    Yummmmmm...the egg life.

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,044
    Food looks great but cool cutting board.

Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • TRex,[p]Jamaican chicken (used DP's Jamaican Firewalk Rub). Sauteed potatoes on the Egg in a cast iron skillet and roasted tomatoes.[p]IMG_0306.jpg
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    <p />TRex,[p]A spring snowstorm kind of put the damper on egging for several days, so no recent photos ..... I was visualizing a past bean cook and what do you know, a vac pack appeared in my freezer right next to some brisket.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Pork ButtPork Butt Posts: 95
    Sundays cook.[p]
    Fridays Cook: Cureing Buck Board Beacon. First time for this hope, things go right. Looking forwar to this one. [p]BBBacon.jpg[p]

• BBQonJBBQonJ Posts: 60
    <p />TRex,[p]It was pork loin for dinner and lunch this week.[p]
  • jerseymattjerseymatt Posts: 112
    I am doing the same tonight. What temp and how long?

• Hoss's BBQHoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Here are some T Bones and some strips I did this week. liked the smoke in the picture.

• BBQonJBBQonJ Posts: 60
    JerseyMatt,[p]I did this at 350 in my medium. Pulled it at 160. Even the leftovers have been moist, great sandwiches. The egg was very stable and I did not watch the time very closely. Seems like it was no more than a couple of hours. One and a half? Sorry about the time thing.[p]Dave
  • jerseymattjerseymatt Posts: 112
    bbqonJ,[p]Sounds good. I will count on a few hours.

• BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
    <p />TRex,[p]Here's a Memphis Style Rib. I used PBR as the fluid in the foil step. Just used more dry rub after the foil step. Result was great tasting, little tug to get the meat off so not really fall off the bone.
  • eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    <p />TRex,
    Brisket cooking now with DP Swamp Venom

• icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    <p />TRex,[p]This is what I am having for lunch[p]
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    icemncmth,[p]Those look great. I still haven't done fatties yet but you guys tempt me with every picture I see.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    Buster Dog BBQ,[p]Much like fatties, it seems, tri-tip keeps coming up again and again lately - between you and Smokey you're really killing me with those pics. If I can just find someone at Publix who can get me one . . .[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    Lawn Ranger,[p]That burger is pulling me in, Mike - nice dreamy mood - I think I'm in a trance . . .[p]Cheer . . .
  • eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    <p />TRex,
    Did a Butt last night DP Swamp Venom little under 6lbs. took around 14hrs. @250-275 Pecan smoke.[p]pb6.jpg[p]pb8.jpg
    Doesn't look it but it was done internal was 190 when coolered.

slyrye,[p]Wow, looks like you're holding court there - very nice![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    fishlessman,[p]Those stuffed clams look wonderful. Your seafood always inspires me.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    Smokey,[p]Hmmm, looks familiar, Damon. Heh-heh . . .[p]Cheers man![p]TRex
    ClayQ,[p]Man, if it's not your bread, Clay, it's your ribs. Great looking food as usual - great looking food.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    Ref1515,[p]The skin on that chicken looks perfect! Great stuff![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    thirdeye,[p]Holy crap I can taste those beans from here - man I bet they were good - I really like the bean to ham ratio there!![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
    Pork Butt,[p]Those ribs look great and I'll be curious to see pics of your buckboard bacon - that seems like a really fun cook.[p]Keep us posted![p]Cheers,[p]TRex