Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grill Cleaning Tip

BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited 9:24AM in EggHead Forum
Cook's Illustrated arrived today, and has a nifty grill cleaning tip on page 9. They call it "superheating", and are using it on a Webber where (as we here know) you can't get the Egg's nuclear temps.[p]What they do is invert a disposable pan over the grill, and max out the temp for 5 minutes. Then they remove the pan and brush the now burnt crispies off the grill. Seems to me like something I'll be doing around 400 degrees, esp. since CI says the under-pan temp on the Webber was 818.[p]Ken
·

Comments

• BlueSmoke,
    A variation of this is something Weber has suggested for years. Lay a sheet of foil over the grill and turn the burners on high for 5 min. It works well except doing it too often ruins the grids and then the problem becomes fighting the rust.[p]

·
  • I just fire mine up to about 650 or slightly more. It burns off any thing on the main grill.
    ·