Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Potato Gratin & Halibut Success

BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made my first Potato Gratin on the egg last night. Sorry, no pics. I used an inverted plate setter and standard grid. Cooked at 400-425 in an oval dish . Ingredients: garlic/thyme infused cream, youkon golds, s/p and parm cheese. Cooked covered for the first 3/4 of the time. Got good crunchies on the bottom, but the top wasn't as brown as I'd have liked. I think I'll cook higher in the dome next time. [p]Direct cooked some halibut with a handful of alder chips in a foil packed thrown on the coles while the gratin rested. I hit my fillet with sundried tomato butter & it was great. The GF, however, didn't like the alder smoke & claimed I ruined the fish. So, she's mad at me now. Looks like I'll have to find some more to get out of the dog house. :-)

Comments