Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

lemon chicken

edited 5:34AM in EggHead Forum
has anyone put a lemon in a chicken cavity and cook it? it seems like i seen it somewhere on this site. maybe i seen it somewhere else but i want to cook a hole chicken tomorrow indirect and i was thinking about doing something different. thanks for advice
·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    lempepturkey.jpg
    <p />new egg,
    I did a lemon pepper turkey breast a couple weeks. Really lemon pepper. Great for sammiches.[p]Mike

·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    new egg,[p]Put all the lemons in you want! Experiment too. We keep lemons in the house all the time. Try a combination of lemon and orange with Dizzy Pig Shakin' the Tree Rub for all round flavor.
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    124_2412.jpg
    <p />new egg, don't forget the lemon season or DP's shakin the three under the skin....

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
    new egg,[p]Yes, adding the lemon works great, but don't expect it to have a real noticeable lemon flavor. For that, you need to marinate with lemon.[p]Also, the MadMax turkey recipe uses a lemon in the cavity. (Along with several other things.) I only do my turkeys this way now and it works great on chicken too.
    ·
  • bbqdivabbqdiva Posts: 192
    tjv,[p]ooooo that looks yummy!

·
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Did you brine or marinate it?

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    BabyBoomBBQ ,
    Injected with lemon pepper marinade, rubbed with Shaking the Tree the sliced lemons and added black pepper to pan with chicken broth.[p]Mike

·
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Ah, thanks!
    ·
  • 19feb07-002.jpg
    <p />new egg,
    go crazy! add a sprig or two of rosemary along with the lemon wedges!
    lemons are mandatory treatment for cornish game hens around here.[p]21jan07_1-033.jpg

·