Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

lemon chicken

edited 3:55AM in EggHead Forum
has anyone put a lemon in a chicken cavity and cook it? it seems like i seen it somewhere on this site. maybe i seen it somewhere else but i want to cook a hole chicken tomorrow indirect and i was thinking about doing something different. thanks for advice

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    lempepturkey.jpg
    <p />new egg,
    I did a lemon pepper turkey breast a couple weeks. Really lemon pepper. Great for sammiches.[p]Mike

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,959
    new egg,[p]Put all the lemons in you want! Experiment too. We keep lemons in the house all the time. Try a combination of lemon and orange with Dizzy Pig Shakin' the Tree Rub for all round flavor.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,483
    124_2412.jpg
    <p />new egg, don't forget the lemon season or DP's shakin the three under the skin....

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
    new egg,[p]Yes, adding the lemon works great, but don't expect it to have a real noticeable lemon flavor. For that, you need to marinate with lemon.[p]Also, the MadMax turkey recipe uses a lemon in the cavity. (Along with several other things.) I only do my turkeys this way now and it works great on chicken too.
  • bbqdivabbqdiva Posts: 192
    tjv,[p]ooooo that looks yummy!

Car Wash Mike,[p]Did you brine or marinate it?

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    BabyBoomBBQ ,
    Injected with lemon pepper marinade, rubbed with Shaking the Tree the sliced lemons and added black pepper to pan with chicken broth.[p]Mike

Car Wash Mike,[p]Ah, thanks!
  • 19feb07-002.jpg
    <p />new egg,
    go crazy! add a sprig or two of rosemary along with the lemon wedges!
    lemons are mandatory treatment for cornish game hens around here.[p]21jan07_1-033.jpg