Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket in the marinade

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How long can i leave my brisket in the marinade?????? Put it in around 2 yesterday but may not want to cook it today. Have to start moving 15 tons of rock to the backyard tomorrow so thought i might let it cook while i'm working on that.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    New Bob ,
    It is a thick enough piece that you should be fine.
    Last year I moved 48 tons of that stuff. Does wonders for your biceps!
    Plus if you cook while you are moving the crap, you will get a whiff of the wonderful aromas to keep you moving!
    Good luck, and watch that back.
    Enjoy!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks, it's only half of a small brisket, it's in a plastic bag that is in a metal bowl and the frige is a good one. Now, 48 tons is something to talk about, hope you had help or at least a bobcat.(and a lot brew)
    New Bob

• Nature Boy
    Options
    New Bob,
    No, I just had a wheelbarrow and a shovel and myself. It was brutal. Now the patio looks great though!, and the pavers have a nice base to sit on.[p]Yeah, even a small brisket will be fine with a 2 day marinade. The only thing that raises a flag for me is the metal bowl. I always thought the metals could react with the acids in the marinade, so I use glass, or food grade plastic. I could be off base here, maybe someone else knows something about this.[p]Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Bordello
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Both the brisket and the marinade are in a sealed plastic bag and the bag itself is in the bowl. No meat to metal, the metal bowl does stay very cold, holding the temp. nice and low in the fridge.
    I too will you a small wheelbarrow, make many,many,many trips, must go get some brew as i will be very thirsty.
    Oh, set up for brisket, plate setter feet up, grill,drip pan and then grill extender to put the brisket on. Does that sound O.K. Don't have bricks.
    Thanks,
    New Bob

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    New Bob,
    Since you are using the plate setter inverted, place the drip pan on the setter and set the brisket on the grid. Don't see why you need the grill extender.

• Bordello
    Options
    JJ,
    Thanks for the set-up advice, this is my first time at indirect cooking. I will do as directed.
    I would like to thank you for JJ's rub. Have not tasted it yet, decided to take my brisket out of the marinade, pat dry and put your rub on, wrap in plastic overnight. IT SMELLS GREAT. I can't wait to taste it. Hope my cook comes out right, if not, I'm sure it will be something I did wrong. We will see.
    New Bob

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    New Bob,
    Relax, you will do just fine and will be eating some great food.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    New Bob,
    When i was doing grunt work with the wheelbarrow and stone, I found that it works well to drink a beer. Then a big glass of water. Then another beer. And so on. All through the day.[p]Like JJ mentioned, your setup sounds fine. You could just wrap the plate setter in foil, and nix the drip pan all together. Eh, JJ?? [p]A killer chunk-o-chest is at your fingetips.
    Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com