Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Ham

Options
bw
bw Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would like to try and smoke a ham for the upcoming holiday. Does anyone have any recommendations on to go about this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.[p]Thanks
bw

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    bw,[p]Are you asking about smoking a fresh ham, or doing an already smoked ham in the Egg" If the later, search the archives for: "Dave's Double Smoked Ham," for a method that makes a great double smoked ham. Note that the "Dr. Chicken’s Sweet Kiss of Death Injectable Marinade" should NOT have the orange extract, or that it should be greatly reduced.[p]gdenby

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    gdenby,
    is this the recipe you had, i think ive seen a few floating around that were different. was thinking of trying it this year, the 1 teaspoon is too much? or was the one you had different

[ul][li]double smoked ham[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    fishlessman,
    i see the mistake, should be 1 quarter teaspoon from the ammendment ron posted

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bw,
    I would recommend smothering your meat in mustard, rub it in real good. Then use some chopped garlic and whatever seasonings you like.[p]apple wood is good for smoking pork products.