Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have a good Beef Jerky Marinade?

Options
Finger Lickin' Tom
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a really lean piece of brisket and want to make some Beef Jerky. Does anyone have a good Jerky marinade? I was going to use soy sauce, Teriyaki sauce, liquid smoke, and a few spices.....oh yeah, can't forget the hot sauce. Any suggestions would be appreciated.[p]FLT

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Finger Lickin' Tom,
    You have a winner listed right there, with one exception the liquid smoke. Beef Jerky comes out pretty smoky with just the lump. However, if you do put a chunk or two of your favorite smoking wood you receive a better smoke flavor than the fake stuff ever could.[p]Try adding some sugar to the marinade and lots of fresh ground black pepper. [p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Finger Lickin' Tom
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Thanks! Based on your name I'll bet you make great Jerky!
    I was thinking about using some brown sugar I had left over from making BEER!!! Thanks again!
    FLT

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Finger Lickin' Tom,
    Jerk is more of the Jamaican type. I am new to the Jerky Game. Which brings up the next point, Jerk Spices work great in Jerky.[p]What type of brown sugar are you brewing with? That Belgium Rock Sugar can be pretty expensive to cook with.
    R&J[p]

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    BeefJerky02.jpg
    <p />Finger Lickin' Tom, check out the link - there are a few recipes and a variety of opictures. Good Luck! :~}

[ul][li]Beef Jerky[/ul]