Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butt

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many hours to cook 2 med. pork butts at the same time on the BGE at 200 to 225 degrees.

Comments

• bbqdiva
    bbqdiva Posts: 192
    Options
    Hey BubbaLEE,[p]8-10 hours, more toward the 10 hour mark for pulled pork.

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    Options
    BubbaLEE,
    Plan on 1 1/2 to 2 hours/pound at 250 deg dome. If you separate them on the grid, they will cook individually. If you pack them together edges touching, the time will rise toward the combined weight. So 2 butts @7 lbs., plan 10-15 hours if they are separated. Pull at 195-205 internal. Butts are notoriously unpredictable. They will not likely finish at the same time, but hopefully will be close. When the first one finishes, just wrap in foil, towels, and coolerize until the other one is done. While notoriously unpredictable, they are also notoriously forgiving. Even I can cook them.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    BubbaLEE,
    Not sure what med is but the last two 8 lb butts I did took 15 hours at 250 dome. -RP

• BubbaLEE,[p]1 1/2 hour per pound @ 275. So a 7 to 8 pound Butt would be 10 to 12 hours. I use indirect heat.