Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for dinner

Options
AZ Traveler
AZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today just seemed like a good day to make pizza. The picture below is after the crust was made and put on the peel:[p]IMG_0574.jpg[p]This one is the picture of the crust:[p]IMG_0575.jpg[p]The finished product before cutting:[p]IMG_0577.jpg[p]
After slicing:[p]IMG_0579.jpg[p]Enjoying the pizza:[p]IMG_0578.jpg[p]AZ

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    looks like it was good!!! i have not made pizza with pineapple on it since i got my egg but you have inspired me
    maybe tomorrow i get home from the auction around 3 maybe i get to cook twice on egg tomorrow i will keep fingers crossed but will not hold my breath!!LOL
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    Dang John, did you have to post that? We are doing the Atkins thing to get ready for OK and really didn't need to see a pizza looking that good. Kim walked by and looked over my shoulder as I brought your post up and echoed my sentiments. I wonder if they have carb filters for this forum? -RP

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    AZRP,
    I know the feelings your going through. The Lawn Ranger has been posting stuff that looks soooo good. You guys have a nice evening. John

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    BENTE,
    We like the pineapple so we usually put it on all the pizzas.
    Hope your cooks go well tomorrow. John

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    AZ Traveler,
    Oh boy, does that pizza look good! Good gosh I'm hungry for some....but I'll have to wait until Thursday, my dough is in a delayed fermentation stage and is resting in the frig.
    Nice work with yours, perfect color on that crust.
    Clay

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    ClayQ,
    That fridge rise is the way to get the flavor. -RP

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    AZ Traveler,[p]Oh I am definitely coming to your house for dinner!! That looks soooo good!!
  • AZRP,[p]You can make a real good low carb pizza which works good on the Atkins or any low carb diet on a pan. One large serving or 1/2 of one of these pizzas has only 4.2 carbs. [p]37MVC-002E.jpg[p]My low carb sauce as you see in the picture contains just 10.5 grams of carbos total and will do three pizzas. This chunky sauce is very easy to make and very good.[p]37MVC-003E.jpg[p]Some of the ingredients.[p]37MVC-004E.jpg[p]I make the pizzas on the low carb tortillas and these come in about a 9" diameter and have 5 carbs per tortilla. [p]37MVC-005E.jpg[p]Sauce em up.[p]37MVC-006E.jpg[p]Load em up with whatever you like as long as it is no carb or low carb. [p]37MVC-007E.jpg[p]Ready for the cooker.[p]37MVC-008E.jpg[p]The results. I cut these pizzas in half for a serving and again, it is about 4.2 grams of carbos per serving. [p]Dave[p]

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Come on, will have pizza again in about 2 days. I have one more piece of dough resting in the fridge. AZ

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    ClayQ,
    I will probably fix another one Thursday. I'm with you and AZRP on the dough rise. The one I made last night had been in the fridge since Sunday. Its other half will have fermented 5 days (probably max) when I use it. Enjoy, AZ

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    Old Dave,
    Those are some nice looking pizzas, I will need to try those sometime soon. I especially like the jalapenos. AZ

• Clay Q
    Options
    AZ Traveler ,
    All righty then...., it's a pizza party on Thursday! It's going to be interesting as I'm using sourdough for the first time with pizza. My plan is to bake the sourdough first then add toppings and bake again. Keeping it light with a thin sauce, cheese, onion and mushrooms. I hope this works, he he. Gotta buy some Concannon merlot for this.
    Good luck and have fun.
    Clay

• Clay Q
    Options
    AZRP,
    So much to learn, and that's half the fun. Ok, a three day delayed fermentation then rolling out 4 individual pizza's tomorrow. That's what I want...great flavor for the pizza party.

• AZ Traveler
    Options
    ClayQ,
    Let me know how the sourdough comes out as I have been planning on giving it a go. I like your idea about pre-baking the dough. I think that would work good. Enjoy, John