Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers, Leftovers and a Question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just to pass this on to other Newbies, Sunday night I tried out the recipe for Dad's Delicious Burgers (see the recipe section). The results were outstanding. Best burger I ever ate. Fellow Newbies, read and heed the "warning" though. I got just a tad bit of "poof" when I opened the lid to take the burgers off. Not burned or anything but it was kinda cool to watch -- grin![p]Couple weeks back I cooked up a brisket and had tons of left overs. Used some of the meat to make tacos which had a pretty darn good flavor. Saturday's butt turned up in last nights dinner. Many years ago there was a place in Blythville, AK - the Dixie Pig. On the menu was a "Pig Salad" which was a Chef's Salad with cold pulled pork instead of the usual ham/turkey. Last night I recreated the Pig Salad and it was as good as I remembered it.[p]Question: Do I need on the official BGE grill brushes to clean my grill or is my old brass brush ok to use?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Kelly Royse-Keefe,
    Nothing like leftover Q.
    Your old brass brush will do fine cleaning the grate.
    Keep these great stories coming!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, In one gulp..thats good! Short and sweet! [p]Just for grin and giggles, I have a long handled gizzy with a round shaped brass brush about 6 or so inches wide on the end and it is black and grease soaked.
    Which is fine.
    I get the grill good and hot and rub it down with that dingy brush, and the hot metal cleans right up. Seems that old greezzy gunk on the brush conditions the hot metal much like doing cast iron. Not appetizing, but it works.
    (I do it in secret):-)
    C~W

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    My brush looks like yours...packed with sludge. Still works great for me on a hot grate. I like your seasoning analogy! [p]seeya
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ