Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs in 3 hours?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to be doing my first set of ribs on the egg. Ideally, it takes about 4-6 hours to cook them properly, but given our schedule we won't have but about 3 hours. Is it still possible to get decent ribs in about 3 hours, or should I hold off for another day when I have more time?

Comments

• Oxman,
    Probably depends on the ribs. Baby backs can be done in 3 for sure. Spares or country-style will almost certainly need more. This isn't to say you can't do the latter in 3 hours, but they probably won't get to optimal tenderness and flavoe. IMHO.[p]Hank

• GriffinGaDawg
    Options
    at about 350. good...although a touch less tender.
  • infredible
    Options
    Oxman,[p]
    I've been doing my spares indirect , rib side down, done at 300 ...takes 3.5 hours exactly ... no foil, just keep the lid closed for the first 2 for sure ... then if you do open the lid spray them with applejuice/ beer whatever ... they are good as any ribs I have ever had ..I slowly worked up to this temp and used it many times. Test doneness with toothpic. if done, take off, sauce if you are going to , wrap in foil for 15 min rest or so and they are killer