Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first pizza

tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pizza20001.jpg
<p />Yes, it is a store bought frozen Tombstone - brickoven supreme. Heck, I'm to lazy to make a fresh one, when for $20 and a coupon, it's at the door in 30 minutes. [p]I cooked it super raised grid, 400-425 dome (I guess grid temp too), on a perforated pizza pan and with a pizza stone couple inches below the felt rim. [p]pizza40001.jpg[p] No telling how long it cooked, I just pulled it when it looked good to eat. I was getting a little frustrated as it did take longer than cooking it in the oven. The dough was crispy and the pizza did have a hit of smoke. [p]Any advice from the pizza experts...[p]T
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    tjv,
    It would have been better if cooked on the stone.The stone pre heated would be hotter and would have drawn the moisture out of the crust.

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    pizza12006.jpg?t=1175021927
    <p />tjv,[p]Not an expert, but I get my best results with an indirect setup: inverted platesetter, grid, standard BGE raised grid and then pizza stone. I bring the stone up to temp with the egg. I shoot for about 550-570, but I've never tried a frozen pie. You got good top browning. That's something I see missing on a lot of pies, both restaurants and home made. I really like the taste of the cheese when it's a little brown. I let the above pie get a little too brown, but it was really good.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    101_0359.jpg
    <p />tjv,
    not an eggspert but pizza works really well if you use the "feet" under stone and above the platesetter.
    also don't be shy about store bought this was a store bought crust
    101_00232.jpg
    with store bought sauce
    101_0264.jpg
    HTH
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Memphis
    Memphis Posts: 144
    BENTE, Is that a cna ?? or a jar ?? Bottom looks like a can - the top looks like a jar - what's up ???

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Memphis,[p]My Publix sells this product in their homemade pizza display. It is made of metal, like a can, but it has a re-sealable top like a jar. It works pretty well. I grow fresh herbs in my kitchen, so I use this can/jar of sauce and add my own fresh herbs (basil, thyme, marjoram) on top of the sauce when I make pizza. One can/jar makes about 3 pizzas if you start with the Publix fresh dough balls.[p]-Kevin
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    KevinH,
    that's where i got it but i bought their pizza crust in the deli dept premade thin they have the thick but if i want thick i will use the fresh made
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    tjv,
    Looks good. DiGiorno pizzas also come out quite well on the Egg.