Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's Woosday ~ Where's the Beef?

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC01894a.jpg
<p />1bac1b2c.gif[p]My favorite cook this week had a Texas flair about it. The whole thing took about 22 hours. Barbecuing a brisket and cooking down the point took most of the time .... then, of course, I had to smoke some hot links for a couple of hours on the remaining coals. [p]Happy Woosday Everybody[p]~thirdeye~[p]1bac1b2c.gif[p]DSC01859a.jpg[p]DSC01878a.jpg[p]DSC01882a.jpg[p][p]
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
·

Comments

• Getting%20jerky%20started0.JPG?dc=4675616055375526346
    <p />thirdeye, you wanted beef? Here's some eye of round on its way to jerky.
    Scott

·
  • Blind PigBlind Pig Posts: 12
    Here's the beef...
    brisket3-24-07.jpg[p]brisket23-24-07.jpg[p]brisket53-24-07.jpg[p]And some pork...
    ribs4.jpg[p]ribs3.jpg[p]ribs.jpg[p]Enjoy,
    --Tom

·
  • eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    ribeye21.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    Ribeye,[p]Chuck Roast,
    ChuckRoast12.jpg[p]Hanger Steak,
    hanger32.jpg
    hanger28.jpg[p]Tri-tip,
    TriTip36.jpg[p]Hambugglers,
    hambergers39.jpg

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    meatloaf001.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,[p]Got hungry for meatloaf from the pics last week. this was a Southern Living recipe that I believe is one of the best I've ever had. It was great fresh, and maybe better on a toasted bun the next day. The top pic is before the sauce. Have a good one.[p]Mike[p][p]
    meatloaf007.jpg[p]meatloaf009.jpg

·
  • BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    118-1891_IMG.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    It ain't quite beef, but hope you don't mind this shot of a scallion and garlic clove studded venison roast I did a while back.....
    Qfan

·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    thirdeye,
    One of my favorite beef pics I've taken. Tri tip is goooooood
    tritipplatedwithABTs.jpg

·
  • thirdeye,[p]
    A couple rounds of Ribeyes and a small brisket over the last few weeks.[p]SteakandBeer.jpg[p]FirstRibeyes.jpg[p]BrisketDoneA.jpg[p]Some Babybacks for good measure.[p]BabyBackRibs.jpg[p]This is addictive.[p]Mike

·
  • NewbsNewbs Posts: 188
    BBQfan1,
    Nice work Mike. Beauty smoke ring![p]John

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,626
    100_1330.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    havent been picture taking lately, but heres a few from this winter
    tritip
    100_1287.jpg
    chili pie
    100_1278.jpg
    surf and turf

·
  • NewbsNewbs Posts: 188
    thirdeye,
    Here are some strip steaks that I did last week. [p]Mmmm mmm goood![p]IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg[p]Happy Woosday![p]John

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    tenderloin.jpg
    <p />Happy Woosday!!! (I hope none of these make Sundown uneasy..lol)[p]gsmall4.jpg[p]prcarve.jpg[p]brisket.jpg[p]tenderloins.jpg[p]roasts1.jpg
    ·
  • Hoss's BBQHoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    thirdeye,
    I did some pizzas last week
    Eggsofmarch002.jpg
    and some chickens on my dad's egg in dc
    Eggsofmarch008.jpg

·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    AlaskanC,
    Did you use puff pastry for the Wellington or make it from scratch? -RP

·
    Hoss's BBQ ,
    Speaking of your parents Eggs, did your mom get hers? Nice looking pizza. -RP

·
  • AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 662
    thirdeye,
    Did a chuck roast:[p]IMG_0570.jpg[p]Here it is just going on the egg:[p]IMG_0571.jpg[p]Here it is getting its temp taken:[p]IMG_0572.jpg[p]Here is the finished product:[p]IMG_0573.jpg[p]The remains will be used for tacos and shredded beef sandwiches. AZ

·
    AZ Traveler ,
    Nice looking beef John! BTW, your town made headlines in our paper today. Seems Page is getting a Starbucks in the newly remodeled Safeway. -RP

·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    AZRP,
    It was puff pastry. That's the only way I saw it in the recipes I found. Is there anyone out there masochistic enough to make their own puff pastry??? lol!

·
    AlaskanC,
    I figured you if anyone, that's why I asked. LOL -RP

·
    Lawn Ranger,
    Great looking meatloaf. I gotta do some of those. I think Stump liked them as well. LOL AZ

·
    Blind Pig,
    That is some fine cooking. AZ

·
    AZRP,
    Yes, isn't that something. The Flagstaff paper wrote it up and told about us being the most isolated town in the lower 48. Hope your not getting blown away down there. I'll bet Lovehandles is. AZ

·
    AZ Traveler ,
    Serious wind advisory today. I don't think anyone east of the Mississippi river could even begin to grasp how remote your town is. On the other hand, AlaskanC would probably consider you metropolitan. -RP

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    AZ Traveler ,
    Here's the one I used. The only thing I did different was add about 1 Tbs. of diced pimento (compesated for the extra moisture with a bit more bread crumbs) and sprinkled a bit of brown sugar on top of the sauce.[p]Mike

[ul][li]http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:WZ-yzOrDvscJ:food.southernliving.com/southern/recipefinder.dyn%3Faction%3DdisplayRecipe%26recipe_id%3D1041992+southern+meat+loaf+greek+seasoning&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us[/ul]
    ·
    AZRP,
    Well fedex sent the 1st pckg back to be put into two seperate pckgs. Yesterday she got the second package and the bottom part of the egg had a crack in it. SO now they are resending another bottom. Shipper did have egg insured though. She has your number was just waiting to get all the parts.

·
    Hoss's BBQ ,
    Meant to say by the way that i did not cook anybeef last week! sorry

·
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,708
    bottomroastsliced1.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,[p]Sadly I have no recent beef pictures, so this bottom round roast from the winter will have to do.[p]Happy Woosday![p]TRex
    ·
    Lawn Ranger,
    Very good. Thank you very much for the recipe. I have printed it out. AZ

·
    AZRP,
    I'll bet she would. LOL
    Went to our place in Utah yesterday and shoveled snow and now it is snowing again. Weird weather. AZ

·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    101_0399.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    101_0397.jpg
    my new favorite
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • eggaholiceggaholic Posts: 309
    BENTE,
    Ain't it great. We love it too.

·