Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

St Louis style

edited 7:24PM in EggHead Forum
Can somebody please post some photos of how to trim the ribs and what exactly "St Louis Style" means? I want to do it right. Thanks!

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    2153d794.jpg
    <p />alb,[p]Here ya go.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Spares[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • PharmeggistPharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    alb,
    Click on link below!

[ul][li]http://www.bbqinstitute.com/Ribs.htm#STL[/ul]
  • PaulaPaula Posts: 14
    alb,
    Thirdeye posted a great pic that shows it. Basically you're taking spare ribs and cuting off the brisket portion (the lower part with the cartiledge (as opposed to bone) in it.

• chucklschuckls Posts: 399
    sparerib.jpg
    <p />alb,
    Click on the link to watch my "cookin' spares" movie.[p]It's an avi file - you need real player or Quicktime to watch it - Windows Media Player doesn't have the right codec (Indeo 5)[p]Chuck

[ul][li]Cookin' Spares - the movie[/ul]
  • Thanks, everybody! Now I get it!

• You have one heck of a nice site. Where can I stick the 5 Gold stars at. I think I learn something new everytime I go to it. And I have been on it alot. grin[p]Keep up the good, no, GREAT work.

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    thirdeye,
    Very nice 'how to' BBQing spares. Now I'm thinking of uncovering my little pit smoker next time I have a gathering and spares would be the preferred meat. Nice and slow and easy.
    Thanks for all the help, advice and guidance you give us. I owe you more than a few beers.
    Clay

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    ClayQ,[p]"Now I'm thinking of uncovering my little pit smoker next time I have a gathering and spares would be the preferred meat."[p]Why?