Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

cooking baby back ribs

edited 9:32AM in EggHead Forum
What temp and for how long should I smoke my ribs? Can I leave them unattended for a while?
·

Comments

• bbqdivabbqdiva Posts: 192
    Hey Cindy Lou,[p]I TOLD you woman, you can't leave the house with baby backs on the Egg :P. It's actually a short cook. ((((Hugs))))[p]You'll get tons of GREAT advice from long time Eggers on here! [p]C'ya, fellow Egghead!

·
  • Cindy Lou,
    I cooked a slab of BB's yesterday along with a slab of regular ribs. I put them on about 11:45 AM and cooked them until approximately 5:30 PM at 250 degrees on indirect heat. I could have actually cooked them another hour as they weren't "falling off the bone". Welcome to the forum!!

·
  • bbqdivabbqdiva Posts: 192
    Correction:[p]A "rather" short cook :P
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,520
    Cindy Lou,[p]Congratulations on getting an Egg. You will find it to be an extraordinary cooker. When I do baby backs, I go for a dome temperature of 250, just like spares. However, babybacks usually don't take as long. Spares usually take 5 to 6 hours. I've had baby back done in as little as 4. You can leave them unattended, but wait to do that till you have learned how to keep a steady temperature on the Egg.[p]Check out the recipe section here on the forum for a method for baby backs. wessb.com also has a nice picture tutorial. Read around the forum posts on the "3-1-1" method, which is just about a guaranteed method for good ribs.[p]gdenby

·