Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Dinner-Standing Rib Roast

Options
Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked two(2) standing rib roasts toninght using a Smoke and Soice recipe. The BGE was set on 220; pulled at internal of 140. They were great.
Hammer

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Which recipe did you use and from which book?[p]Thanks,[p]TRex
  • Hammer
    Options
    TRex,
    From Smoke & Spice by Cheryl & Bill Jamison updated book on page 127. Same recipe as in the old book. Basically followed the recipe, but with a couple of changes. I didn't mop, but used a drip pan with Cabernet Sauvignon, put a local rub on the ribs a couple of hours before I put them on the Egg. Smoked with Cherry
    Set the Guru to 175 until the fire was stable; moved it up to 220 and left it alone. Pulled at 140 and foiled.[p]For dinner, I paired them with Rancho Zabaco Dry Creek Zinfandel. They were good. Almost as good as a TRex steak!

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Hammer,
    Good to see you're still ticking, My Friend.[p]Mike

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Hammer,[p]Awesome, thanks. I will have to check it out - I've got that book I believe.[p]Cheers,[p]TREx
  • Hammer
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Ticking and kicking! Good to be back on the forum. Glad to hear all is well with you. Use the original tongs you made on every BGE COOK. They are a collectors item.
    Hammer [p][p]