Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tilapia

Options
Smoking Jacket
Smoking Jacket Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my wife brought home some tilapia from the store...I have never eaten, muchless cooked tilapia. I need some egger helpers to give me some tips.[p]Thanks

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    I don't do tilapia on the egg. We pan sear them with a little butter after dusting with raging river from Dizzy pig. We also fix them under the broiler. It a quick cook. They are farm raised fish with a very mild flavor. Good luck, Tom

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    I have a cast iron griddle that's just the right size for our large. Heat the griddle to 400 (dome temp) oil with a film of canola or other high temp oil, and it's right and ready for tilapia filets. (3 to 4 mins. per side, flip once)[p]I like to egg-wash filets and dredge them with panko. You get a nice golden, crunchy fish.[p]Enjoy!
    Ken

• Beachbum
    Beachbum Posts: 61
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    I fix mine with a spray of Can't Believe It's Not Butter, put bruschetta on the fillets and cook them about 15 minutes under 450 degree oven. It is my favorite fish![p]Good luck,
    Lisa