Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

stickage

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My chicken skewers came out moist and tender, tasting eerily like scallops! Delicious! One problem: they stuck to the grill. First I had one of those disposable grates on to keep it from falling through. I rubbed it with olive oil before I added the chicken but they stuck. So for the 2nd batch I just put them right on the original grid. Even worse. My gasser had a cast iron grate and I had minimal problems, but I can't afford one for my egg right now.
·

Comments

• bbqdivabbqdiva Posts: 192
    hey alb,[p]This works for me. I use a piece of bacon to grease up my grid if I'm worried about something sticking. Just take tongs and rub a piece all over the grid. Let it heat up a bit after...to get hot after rubbing with the bacon.[p]Good Luck.

·
  • guava gregguava greg Posts: 139
    alb, Making sure grate is clean I use PAM for BBQ and grill. They make one just for that and it seems to work well.[p]Aloha,[p]Greg
    ·
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 643
    alb,
    I'll second the vote for the Pam Grill spray product, it does pretty well and by all means, as soon as you can afford it, go for the cast iron grid from BGE. It works great and makes cooking on the Egg even more fun. Grill marks on steaks and burgers come out beautiful!

·