Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sourdough adventures

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,412
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_3689.jpg
<p />With my latest book 'The Bread Baker's Apprentice' by Reinhart I'm giving some new breads a try. I have been working with a basic rustic, (the above pic), and now I'm branching out with focaccia. The egg is working out well with a new pizza stone setup so I'll leave that alone for now.

IMG_3702.jpg
B

Rineharts recipe is more European than American style being loaded with herbs, olive oil and baked flatter like a thick crust pizza. He has a section on toppings for his focaccia, just like baking a pizza. So I went with his style, sans toppings, used my natural leavening in place of commercial yeast and folded in the herbs as I kneaded the dough.

IMG_3696.jpg

This bread was excellent and now I'd like to branch again with a sourdough focaccia inspired pizza dough, oh yeeeeaaaaa.

IMG_3707.jpg

I enjoyed the fresh herbs and virgin olive oil infused within the sourdough and I hope to have a new pizza dough to report on sometime soon.
Clay

Comments