Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Springtime Butt

SouthOfI10SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited 1:41AM in EggHead Forum
DSC00939.jpg
<p />Happy Saturday evening, folks. I'm just winding down and thought that I would share this weekend's cooks. Friday, I did wings, today I did a big batch of jerky, and tonight I have a butt resting pretty on Lola.[p]DSC00942.jpg[p]Thanks to BajaTom for the tips on Maple syrup injection and butts. I also added pineapple juice, soy sauce, Raging River, and lemon juice. Tastes great![p]DSC00945.jpg[p]Can you see the pollen in this picture???[p]DSC00950.jpg[p]Daisy is unimpressed...[p]DSC00933b.jpg[p]If you count five does, you're wrong.... The one closest to you has some buttons up top.[p]Happy Egging everyone![p]s
·

Comments

• SouthOfI10,[p]Very nice cook, when all those deer show up while you have the egg hot, what thoughts are running through your head !!
    ·
  • SouthOfI10SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
    City Slicker,
    JERKY!!! Venison jerky is the bomb. I just can't bring myself to shoot them here at the house. Although, they're becoming a bit of a pill here lately in that they eat a sack of corn every other week and they drive the neighbor's dog crazy. Oh, well. They're fun to watch. What you got cookin?

·
  • bbqdivabbqdiva Posts: 192
    Hey SouthOfI10,[p]I just love that picture with the sun setting through the opening in the top of the Egg! Did you do that on purpose, or was that just purely coincidence?

·
  • SouthOfI10,
    How old is the dog? Yellow Lab?

·