Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bama

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are there any eggheads from Alabama? Maybe we can get our own eggfest somewhere.

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    neil,
    I know of one Eggfest in Alabama it is in Mobile in October... it is sponsered by SandDollar. I Live in Prattville, Al. Where do you live???[p]Happy Egging, Pharmeggist

• I'm not an official Egger since I actually have a competitors model (GD), but I'm way into ceramic cooking and would love to attend something if it's in central Al (if "step children" are welcome). I'm in Anniston
  • neil,
    We are in Huntsville.[p]Gene

• Pharmeggist,
    I am in AUBURN. Wish we could do something. I am tired of reading about how much fun people are having at there egg fest.

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Neil,[p] It's your eggfest too.. I live in North Carolina and I went to Florida. I will be going to Texas, Waldorf, Eggs by the Bay and Eggtoberfest.[p]

• Celtic Wolf,
    Thats true celtic. But with a wife and a new baby and a very busy job they dont like me traveling too much to go hang out with abunch of eggers!!!! Just trying to get something together closer to my home!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    NEIL, Auburn is close - practically a suburb of Atlanta. Bring the family to EGGtoberfest in Atlanta. Let her spend the day at Lenox Square or wherever and you spend the day with us. Have her join you for the after fest party (it's right outside the hotel, so she can always go back in if she desires) and you can always go in to check on her if you feel guilty. All in all, I'm sure she would rather have you hang out with EGGers than some War Damn Eagles.

• Wise One,
    That is a good idea. She would love to spend the day at Lenox Square. I was hoping to find somewhere to go a little sooner. But anyways thanks for the idea. Oh and by the way I could not think of any better people to hang out with than WAR DAMN EAGGHEADS!!!!!

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Neil,was in the home store Friday and was talking to another Auburn Egghead. You might have enough to have a ever now and then Eggfest in somebody's backyard if the word gets around. The gentleman had not been on the forum but I told him about it so he may see your message. We have been talkig about doing a tailgate this fall at Auburn for my twin daughtersthat are Auburn fans and a group of friends. Will touch base here if we do.[p]Good Eggin' to all,
    Poppasam

• Neil, I live about 30 miles north of you in valley al.
    We are working with the city to have a non sanctioned rib competition for the saturday of memorial day weekend. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you an application. And o by the way War Eagle!!!

• Poppasam,[p]Good Idea. I have my mini eggfest just about every weekend in my own back yard. I have so many friends that call me to see what i am cooking and ask if they can bring some meat for me to cook. If you ever come to AUBURN come on I live right off campus so its very easy to tailgate at my house. Every game we usually cook and have some beverages and have someone drive us to the game then pick us up and the cooking begins again.[p]
  • Craig B,[p]
    Cool i would love to enter. Please email me at nwilder@hotmail.com so we can keep intouch. WAR EAGLE!!!!!

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Neil,
    My Dad and Brother are Auburn Alumni... I went to Samford University but I am a Auburn Tiger Fan Dye Hard. I will have to look you when we get closer to football season... It would be awesome to do some tailgating prior to the game. I usually spend a good amount of money inside the stadium. Would be nice to meet some egg-heads.[p]WARRRRRRRRRRRR EAGlE![p]Pharmeggist

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Neil, If you got regulars that want you to cook I think I'd put out a donation jar with cooking toward another Egg. Of couurse most Eggheads say just bring it on and we'll cook it. Thanks for the invite, have never been to an Auburn game, but my twins that are 29 are big War Eagle fans. Their middle school b-ball coach got them into being Auburn fans. Got another Daughter that's a GT grad but her her husband and I are Ga alumni. Makes for some fun weekends.[p]Poppasam