Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

half brisket

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,
Will try a brisket in the next day or two. Got a 7.5lb with most of the fat on, because it's only myself that is to much meat so the buthcer sliced it down the middle and freezer wraped it for me. Do you see any sepcial problems with this????? All help is appreciated.
Thanks,
New Bob[p]Hope everyone had a great mother's day.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    New Bob, many times the point and flat have been cooked separate. I see no need to cook a monster if only a portion is needed. Way to go. Do it as you would the full cut. Fat side up.
    C~W

• Bordello
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks,
    Is it a problem that my brisket is sliced down the center or middle.(lengthwise) So I still have a small end and a point. (thicker at one end then the other) Should I trim some of the point off so the meat will be more uniform?????.
    Thanks from a newbie,
    New Bob

• Char-Woody
    Options
    New Bob, some have trimmed the point and layed over the point and combined the two for the cook. The thinner end will of course finish first and you can trim it earlier. I would do the portion as a whole the first time and see how you might vary it for the next time around. Fun to experiment.
    Good luck..
    C~W

• Bordello
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks for getting back to me, sorry to not know much about grilling. Sure appreciate all the advice from the forum.
    New Bob

• Char-Woody
    Options
    New Bob, your welcome..seems the forum is a bit slow over the last 24 hours, but more advice than mine will show up eventually. Everyone has a slant on doing these.
    And there are few wrongs..! :-) Just keep temps to 225 to 25o thru the cook (not really grilling) and at around 190F your in the ball park.
    C~W[p]

• Bordello
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Sorry about using the wrong term. (grilling) I'm still getting used to terminology. I do appreciate everyone's patience.
    New Bob

• Char-Woody
    Options
    New Bob, No problem, and no correction intended..your terminology is fine..When I think of Grilling it's more in the high temp steak area's..Low and slow cooks are in the lower range. We all can figure it out. One fun thing I notice in a lot of posts, us guys tend to throw whatever we cook onto the grill..Like its a high dunk..heeeyaaaa.
    Cheers to ya..keep up the good work.
    C~W[p]

• Bordello
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Your great, thanks for the understanding. I will get it sooner or later. (probably later.*grin*)
    New Bob

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    New Bob,
    I did a whole brisket last night. First time, excellent results. Char-Woody gave me some excellent advice. The posts are from a few days back; scroll down to 5/8/01 and you should see the thread.
    Had brisket for lunch; sandwiches for dinner.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    New Bob,
    I'm fairly experienced cooking outside...be it grilling or smoking but I'm new to the Egg. So, I ask a lot of questions here too and the advice is always very helpful and usually quick! Don't feel embarrased about asking a question...we all started out as "newbies" once upon a time!