Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Speaking of Oklahoma

LowrodzLowrodz Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The family and I have been so excited about going to the Oklahoma Eggfest. I've got my small all fixed up and ready for the road trip south. But I can't help up ask....what can we expect? This is our first eggfest and to be cooking, this could be kinda overwhelming!! [p]Please veteran fest goers....What lies ahead? Help ease the painfull wait that is still so long. I can't wait! I just wanna leave now![p]Brad Lowrance
Oskaloosa, Ks

Comments

• favathomefavathome Posts: 21
    Brad, you will have a blast. Take a look at the website and that will let you know what to bring. You will be overwhelmed for about 5 minutes, and then you will have the time of your life. Lots of stores close to the fest, attend the meet and greet the night before and you'll get all the dirt.
  • Lowrodz,
    We just attended the Florida Eggfest it was our first for everything.
    We cooked food shared it with everybody, take a plater that you can put samples on and serve others. We used paper plates. Tooth picks are good for people to pick up the samples. While cooking everyone shared how they prepared there food and general chit chat about life in the egginn world. Great big picnic so bring any thing that you would to a large family picnic. If you forget something I'm sure someone else has some to share, I forgot a fire source to light my new Egg, the old gasser has a red button ya push.
    Great people, Great food, Life is great.
    You will have a Great time!!!
    Jupiter Jim and Kaynocook

• Lowrodz,
    Last year OK was our first fest. What a great time. Met a lot of very nice folks, picked up a ton of cooking hints. I think you will really enjoy it and will plan on attending others. It is a very family type environment. Look forward to meeting you there and seeing what you are going to cook. Popsicle