Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I convince the wife?

Options
BurntOfferingBBQ
BurntOfferingBBQ Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The family is taking a vacation to Florida in early April and the mini van will be the object of our transportation for about 16 hours!! Anyway, we are going to see her dad and we have not made the trip in more than five years!! Bye the way, my father in law is a great guy to hang with and I know he would love the EGG!! Problem is...the wife seems to think that there is not enough room. We are a fam of four with two girls 7 an 9 yrs old. The back seat will stow away and no harm no foul!! I have been an egg head for more than 8 years and she loves all the food that comes off the egg so the food route won't work. I may just have to cover it in a blanket and tell her it is just the dog crate. I did tell her, by the way, that if I had my choice I would take the egg and leave the dog at home!! Suggestions??

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    This situation is screaming..."buy a small" :>)[p]H

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    As some of the other Texas Eggers know, I'm into the hide the "Egg" idea untill the wife finds "them". By the time she finds the egg it will be to late to turn around. Never ask, just do it untill your told not to do it. Your not wrong till your told your wrong. This is the job of your wife. Your job is to play stupid till your caught, then don't do it again.
    Have a good road trip,
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    Even better idea...

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    Where in Florida? Why transport the Egg when you could buy one "here"? Easiest way to find a dealer is to put papa-in-law's zip code in the locator at the top of this page.[p]Ken

• toomsdpt
    toomsdpt Posts: 141
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,[p]Leave the kids home....that will make enoough room ....lol
  • NitroSmoke
    Options
    Photo Egg,
    Ah my mantra. Its easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    shotgun.jpg
    <p />Burntofferingbbq, man, I'd love to be a bug on the wall when you suggest this spot.....LOL[p]
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • dhuffjr,
    Amen! I saw this and had to throw in my 2 cents worth.
    Once Burntofferingbbq's father tastes something off the
    small, he'll let him keep it and buy himself a large down
    in Florida.
    Now you've got 2 eggs instead of one and a small can come in
    handy at home too.
    Grillnut

• Photo Egg
    Options
    NItroSmoke,
    It might not be any easier but you can get more "stuff".
    LOL,
    Darian[p]PS I have some new fairway woods on the way. Time to start preparing forgiveness speach...

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BurntOfferingBBQ
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    Hmmmmm....I have two large now in a custom built cedar table...I guess I have the room and the love to share!!![p]

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    Isn't it time for her to buy her dad a nice present?

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Tell your wife the egg is coming along....Pack your vehicle up yourself...make the room....don't pack what won't fit...do whatever has to be done....end of story....that's it...Whose wearing the pants over there?[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Burntofferingbbq,
    if you can get a receiver hitch for the back, you can add a platform, you might need it to haul all the stuff she may buy back. buying the egg in florida would be easier, you could buy it ahead of time and just pick it up when your there. i just have to ask, how angry could she get for buying a gift for her parents.

[ul][li]cargo carriers[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it